Full Thread: #1 Bigfoot Thread
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2008 #49
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I didn't know about this, so thanks for the information. I have no academic credentials, but I would bet my life that film is a hoax. No animal moves like that, and all kinds of humans record video like that, with the creature helpfully turning toward the camera, per the director.
I always kind of assumed it was a hoax, but I really didn't know much about it. A few years ago I got curious about the "bigfoot phenomena" and hit a few of the bigfoot sites on the internet. Turns out the bigfoot believers hold the Patterson/Gimlin film out as one of their strongest pieces of evidence. According to them it has never been successfully debunked. What would be relatively easy to fake now was not so easy back in the mid sixties.

There doesn't seem to really be much solid evidence for the existence of sasquatch. The Patterson film, a few footprint castings which would seem to be easy to fake, and eyewitness stories are about it. However a lot of the locals around Weitchpec, Sommes Bar, Orleans, Willow Creek, or Happy Camp believe it. They won't talk about it to strangers but if you get to know them, especially after a few beers, they will tell you that they believe there is something out there. Perhaps they are just trying to discourage people from snooping around and interfering with them making an "honest" living growing Amerikwa's number one cash crop.

I am a skeptic myself, with the proviso that there is a lot of damned empty country in the western part of North America and that if old Biggy could hide anywhere it would be that Northern California mountain area. I have probably been deeper into some of those areas than most of the locals and at the time I never really seriously considered the possibility that there could be some big ape-men living there. It was years later that I finally got kind of interested in Bigfoot. That is "interested", not believer, just as I am interested in flying saucer sightings and holohoax stories and idiots who believe humans and niggers are no different.

BTW, do you know the difference between Bigfoot and a smart, hardworking, honest nigro? There are people who claim to have actually seen Bigfoot.