View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2019 #45
T.Garrett
Banned

Post Peanuts trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Mine's a toss up between Snoopy and Woodstock. Love those vintage cartoons with these two.

I also still love "The Family Circus" each week. Not sure if the artist is White or (((something else))) but to this day they continue to be funny, sweet, and touching. And that's not an easy task in this day.
You know that Schulz' closest collaborator was a beaner cartoonist named Jose 'Bill' Melendez, he produced most of the animated Peanuts classics we remember from childhood (1960s -) and he also did the crazy vocalizations of Snoopy and Woodstock ...here he is on the right in a sound studio with the original voice actors for 'Peanuts'

Doesn't change anything for me regarding Peanuts, still love it. Which child actor is doing the voice for which character below ...(Lucy, Linus, Peppermint Patty, Charlie Brown from left to right is my guess)

The Family Circus is a cartoonist named Bil Keane from Philadelphia (Irish Catholic potato nig) who did the strip until his death in 2011. Its now produced by his son.

Last edited by T.Garrett; August 29th, 2019 at 12:49 PM.