View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2005 #25
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
What asanas do you do? Do you follow a routine or mix it up? My wife said she had to limit her yoga because it released so many toxins it made her feel lethargic and lousy for a day or so afterward. That's how I felt after the acupuncturist rubbed the back of my neck and upper back for fifteen minutes with a jar lid: Chinese folk remedy. The kwan authorites noticed Vietnamese kids had bruises on their upper backs and necks and started screaming "abuse" when it was this treatment. You're supposed to do it when you feel a cold coming on, the Chinese say that's where the wind enters the body.
Can you recommend a good Yoga site? Or maybe a few stretching exercises? Iv'e always had a bit of a problem with flexibility and once I got past age 40 it has gotten worse. The strength and stamina is still there but lately when I roll out of bed in the morning I'm stiff as a board(no pun intended).

Also, some knee and shoulder injuries in high school and college are starting to cause me a bit more pain. Can Yoga help? I don't know anything about it but I am willing to try anything short of pain killers.(the little gook kid, Anima, is probably chuckling to himself over this).

I went to the health food store a while back and the large breasted female who worked there sold me a concoction of Glucosamine/Chondroitin plus MSN. It really helped out! I don't know if it is the placebo effect or if the stuff really works but my joints feel 100 times better!

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Steve B; June 29th, 2005 at 05:07 AM.