Full Thread: Jews in Art
View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2007 #18
lawrence dennis
Anti-anti-antisemite

Default Debauched Jew Amedeo Modigliani abused alcohol, abused drugs, abused art

Behold the "genius" of drug-addicted Jew Modigliani:

Original image at: http://mushecht.haifa.ac.il/hecht/pi...ion/p-226c.jpg

More of this "genius" here: http://images.google.com/images?svnu...=Search+Images

Rats' teeth and empty eyes
Is Modigliani really anything more than a caricaturist? By Adrian Searle
Quote:
I cannot like Amedeo Modigliani, whom I rarely think about; when I do, he only irritates me. Confronted by his work, I find myself moving on to something else as quickly as I can. He's like an unfortunate acquaintance one can never entirely shrug off. Drunken, ranting and stoned on one thing or another--add hash, coke, ether and opium to the alcohol--Modigliani, the archetypal cursed artist, the peintre maudit, rattled round Paris, between studios, salons, bars and lovers from 1906, when he arrived from Livorno, until his death, from tubercular meningitis, in 1920. Oh God, here comes Modi, you can hear half Paris muttering as he hove into view....
What a handsome fellow this Sephardic Jew was:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...gliani_004.jpg

He is the subject of a recent biopic, no doubt detailing his "genius" for all the world to admire: http://imdb.com/title/tt0367188/

From wikipedia:
Amedeo Modigliani
Quote:

In Modigliani's art, there is evidence of the influence of primitive art from Africa and Cambodia which he may have seen in the Musée de l'Homme ... A possible interest in African tribal masks seems to be evident in his portraits. In both his painting and sculpture, the sitters' faces resemble ancient Egyptian painting in their flat and mask-like appearance, with distinctive almond eyes, pursed mouths, twisted noses, and elongated necks....

From a conservative bourgeois background, Hébuterne was renounced by her devout Roman Catholic family for her liaison with the painter, whom they saw as little more than a debauched derelict, and, worse yet, a Jew. Despite her family's objections, soon they were living together, and although Hébuterne was the love of his life, their public scenes became more renowned than Modigliani's individual drunken exhibitions....

During his lifetime he sold a number of his works, but never for any great amount of money. What funds he did receive soon vanished for his habits....

Although he continued to paint, Modigliani's health was deteriorating rapidly, and his alcohol-induced blackouts became more frequent.
In 1920, after not hearing from him for several days, his downstairs neighbor checked on the family and found Modigliani in bed delirious and holding onto Hébuterne who was nearly nine months pregnant. They summoned a doctor, but little could be done because Modigliani was dying of the then-incurable disease tubercular meningitis. Modigliani died on January 24, 1920. There was an enormous funeral, attended by many from the artistic communities in Montmartre and Montparnasse. Hébuterne was taken to her parents' home, where, inconsolable, she threw herself out of a fifth-floor window two days after Modigliani's death, killing herself and her unborn child....

Modigliani died penniless and destitute—managing only one solo exhibition in his life and giving his work away in exchange for meals in restaurants. Had he lived through the 1920s when American buyers flooded Paris, his fortunes might well have changed. Since his death his reputation has soared. Nine novels, a play, a documentary and three feature films have been devoted to his life.
Wow, what a "legacy," eh?

How is the faithful city become an harlot! It was full of judgment: righteousness lodged in it, but now murderers. Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water. Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards.

Xian WN!

"The Jew can only be understood if it is known what he strives for: ... the destruction of the world.... [it is] the tragedy of Lucifer."

Holy-Hoax Exposed, Hollow-Cost Examined, How Low Cost? (toons)