View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2006 #29
MOMUS
Doubts the official story

I certainly wasn't there then to know but I'd bet they were and long before that as well. Are you suggesting the hills grew up around a pre-existing dirt pyramid in recent centuries? That's highly unlikely. They show signs of having eroded for quite some time.
I know nothing of the complexes of tunnels except that their posited existance doesn't imply that the hill is a man-made structure.
All I know is what I said; it seems more likely to be a simple hill than an ancient pyramid.
Karst topography is common in the region, is the bedrock composed of limestone? Sinkholes and caverns occur in such regions and tunnels are easy to dig.
All I'm going by is the photo and logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord
Do you know that the hills were there 4,000-5,000 years ago?
Topography does change with the passing of time.
How do you explain the complexes of tunnels?
Originally Posted by MOMUS
Take another look at the alleged pyramid. It merges into the neighboring range of hills, appears to be similar in height, and is furrowed by similar erosion channels. Geologically it looks like just another hill, albeit one that has four triangular faces.

How many of the known Pyramids or mounds were built among hills? I can think of none. Hill people have no need for pyramids. There is a sense of futility (that the ancients would have felt too) in building a hill among a range of hills - even if it is pyramidal.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/