View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2012 #73
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
My rebuttal precedes me: the "magic bullet" theory, viz. kennedy. Totally debunked. No further explanation on my part is necessary. But I'll summarize the key point...

Bullets may yaw, tumble and/or ricochet off bone when shot into animals. No bullet radically changes trajectory numerous times before exiting/stopping in its path, like a rubber ball inside the body, as your comments illustrate, laughably.

Nothing has changed. The popular misconception of the .22 rimfire as some "best known secret" for self-defense is an old one, and a potentially deadly one...to its adherents. I only wish I had the statistics here to back that up, though they should prove impressively true.

You didn't post any science to prove me wrong. So it looks like you still failed.

And you are suggesting .22lr sucks for killing, but why have some hitmen and assassins used it for killing? Shot placement is key with just about any round, and that can make the difference between a minor flesh wound, or DRT with a .22lr. A .22lr penetrating the skull and into the brain cavity is just as dead as a .45 ACP.

I've killed many coyotes with .22lr stinger rounds, and it never takes more than 1 shot to make them drop dead immediately. Depending on the angle, head shots either enter and stay in the brain cavity, or the exit wound is at a random spot going out of the skull. With a .357 magnum hollow point, it dropped dead, and the exit wound blew the opposite side of the skull off, and the jaw on the opposite side was dislocated and broken.

If someone is standing 50 yards away with a .45 ACP, and I got a .22lr bolt action with stinger rounds, I can drop one right in their eye socket every single time, when a .45 ACP round is probably hitting the dirt at 50 yards when shot from most pistols.

The .22lr is a severely underestimated round. Looking down the barrel of one is definitely no joke, especially if the guy aiming knows exactly where to aim it.