Full Thread: Star Wars = racist ?
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2018 #23
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
No beef w/ you pal , yet I don't really understand what a cat staring into the horizon of a sunset in the city has to do with the 'balance of the force' . .
In my opinion this photo contains serenity. And serenity is a sign of balance between opposing forces

Quote:
Ain't the "Grand Prix D'Eurovision De La Chanson" broadcast in Russia ?

Toto Cutugno- Insieme

( rethorical question , I admit ) . . .

Above one of the most famous "Grand Prix" songs . . .
I do not know. I haven't watched TV for a long time.

Toto Cutugno was well known in Russia in the 1980s. Eurovision contest is also well known in Russia.

Quote:
. . . the impression
Of course, these impressions ranged from "an unforgettable impression" to "this was the first movie during which I fell asleep."

This movie is addressed to young people. And young people get a stronger impression of it than adults people. You should also understand that Soviet youth watched this movie about 10 years after its creation. And their impression could not be as strong as in the United States during its creation.

For the first time, Soviet young people saw the movie in the youth program, which showed fragments of the movie for three minutes in 1989. The first official release of the movie on the screens of Soviet cinemas occurred in 1990.

These are Soviet posters for this movie

Shortly thereafter, video salons were opened by private entrepreneurs. And we just washed away with a wave of American movies. And against the background of this glut of movies for us, Star Wars were not something special, at least for me.

Quote:
For the sake of completion . . .

Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan
I have heard this song many times
Only then I did not know it name and the name of the musical band.

Quote:
Germany used to be called the "country of poets and thinkers . ."

Sometimes , maybe , they philosophize too much . . .

Believe me , I've heard interpretations about Star Wars I better do not even share here . . .

So , how is Star Wars as such received in Russia?
I have already answered this question above.
I can add that I watched a lot of American movies for the first time in a video salon:

Back to the Future, The Thing, Lethal Weapon, Rocky, Mad Max, Indiana Jones, Tango & Cash, The Terminator, RoboCop, Rambo, Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Overboard, Commando, The Running Man, Over The Top, Predator, Conan the Barbarian, Red Heat, Alien, Dune, Escape from New York, Red Sonja, Dead Heat, A Fish Called Wanda, License to Drive, Twins, Brewster's Millions, Think Big, Ruthless People.

This is certainly not a complete list. And I received this injection consisting of movies not gradually over many years, but over a rather limited amount of time. Against this backdrop, Star Wars is just one of the good movies.

Quote:
Oh , and as a musical "candy" for you , what do you think about this Star Wars related song ?

Pretty Fly For A Jedi - Music Video
Of course I heard the original of this song.

I do not understand the sounds of English words well. Therefore, I can not perceive the whole meaning of the video.