View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2018 #5614
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
Some people today complain that marriage is a trap. But what they fail to realize is that marriage is supposed to be a trap. The whole purpose of marriage is to trap two people together to ensure that they stay together to provide a stable environment for their children. And that's a good thing.

Suspicious Mind - Elvis Presley - YouTube

We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much, baby
Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?

Okay, let's see how many MGTOW types give this post a thumbs down. Is there a record for the most number of thumbs down on a single post?
I like and agree with what you said, but the song brings up something funny.

A YouTuber who recently died, called himself 'TheAngryGrandpa'. His wife was an Elvis fan to the extreme. One month she didn't pay the light bill, she sent the money to Graceland and she bought some Elvis stuff. This was in winter so it was cold. He sang that to her to express his anger. 'We're caught in a trap! I can't walk out! Because I love you too much babbbyyy!', but very sarcastically. He proceeded to sing it to her sarcastically anytime he was disgruntled.

She made a very touching video after he died, and mentioned all his Elvis teasing, which didn't really make her angry after all they'd been through in life. His Elvis hate was small potatoes in the scheme of things. They had four kids and about six grandkids.