Full Thread: #1 Social Media Thread
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2018 #346
Tyrone White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
Now Griff, Spencer and other alt-righters are using talking points about conservatives that Linder, white nationalism 1.0/vanguardists were using more than fifteen years ago.
That's not a bad thing. I've been shitposting (and getting banned) for about the same amount of time. It would be nice to get some kind of credit, but that's never going to happen. It's not why you do it anyways. You do it so that people, just like those you named, take the ball and advance it further.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Also, sometimes I think being "the Original" or "the Founder" is a bad thing. No one wants to see themselves as being a product of someone else's efforts. People want to believe that they sprang from the womb complete with all their unique qualities. It's a waste of time to try to saddle these people with reminders of what things used to be like "back in the day" and how, back then, you were the first, etc.... No one wants to hear that, and no one will believe it, and even if they did, then what? The natural response would be: "But what have you done LATELY?". No one cares about who did what back then, particularly those interested in moving forward. The best you can hope for is to try to educate "newer" people in some lessons of the past, and even THAT is up for discussion. Sometimes things fail not because of what you did, but because it was YOU that did it. Someone else might come along, do the exact same thing, and succeed.

It gets very messy when you start looking backwards like this; and time consuming. Best to keep in mind that "moving forward" is always the first and most important thing to think about, i.e. "When in doubt, ATTACK."