View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2020 #4
Larry the Raysiss
Most WNs are Kiked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I even bought a wok, and some wok oil to cook the stuff. But those work better on gas stoves.

They got the gas turned up blasting on those woks too.
Yeah, that's another thing I've noticed. A lot of the dishes are basically more or less deep fried in a wok at these chink joints. It's not all full of oil like a deep fryer, it's full of sauce and that's how they cook a lot of the dishes in these places that I've seen. I call it "deep frying", nonetheless, but I suppose you could view it as boiling. I suspect that this fast, high heat, "deep frying" method contributes to the tender consistency of the meat in the end product even though it's well-done.

I've toyed with the idea of making stir fry in a slow cooker (sans the rice, which would be cooked separately) but have yet to try it. Slow cookers are my favorite way to cook when it comes to meat. Being someone who only eats meat well-done, a slow cooker is the best way to get decent meat and you don't even need expensive cuts.

In fact today I made a London broil cut of meat cooked in the slow cooker with cream of mushroom soup as the "gravy". IMHO, that's hard to beat with some mashed potatoes. Just got done eating it and I'm stuffed.