View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2012 #17
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
How do you figure out that "most white people are christian?" Most white people are atheists, non-believers or couldn't give a f***ers.

Most white people don't give a monkeys, in my experience. They have other, more pressing things to worry about then a spirit in the sky (oh great, now I'll be Tourrettes'ing that all day) and handing over their hard earned to one of the richest institutions in the land on the promise that a mythical ghost from an alien religion will save them.

If people don't have the sense to see that the whole thing is bullshit, why do we want to save them? You can argue a christian into a corner with facts and figures and prove to them that christianity isn't theirs and they still won't see the light.
That might be the case in England, but I live in what they call the "Bible belt" in the USA. Its 95% Christian here. You know how nutty it is in my area? There is a Seventh Day Adventist Church 2 miles down the road from me. And another Church 10 miles the other way that are the Snake handling Xians.

Quote:

Jesus said if you believe in Him that these signs will follow you. Healing the sick, taking up snakes, drinking poison, casting out devils, speaking in unknown tongues.
Quote:
Mark 16:15-20 And he ( JESUS) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Lu 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1co 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Just when you think it can't get any nuttier.....

Anyway, welcome to Dixie.