View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2018 #27
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Turkish Van

http://cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsSthruT/TurkishVan.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Cats are incapable of the adoration of dogs, but that doesn't mean they're not affectionate in their own dignified way. Plus, there's no need to worry about a house cat eating the neighbor kid's face.
In regards to your first statement, I will have to disagree when it comes to one particular breed.

A year and a half ago, I found a stray kitten behind one the buildings where I work and brought her home. Didn't realize at first her breed, but after a few weeks, I knew she was something special.

The Turkish Van is an ancient breed.

After two litters, I got her fixed. Kept one kitten from each litter. The other four kittens had a waiting list of good homes as soon as they were born. If you come across one of these rare cats, do not hesitate to bring one home. You will not be disappointed. Depending on quality and characteristics, they can cost from $600 and on up.

Their fur really does feel like cashmere. Beautiful cats that will not bore you, but keep your valuables behind locked doors. A very strong and athletic breed.

Two of my Turkish Van mix kittens have already figured out how to open up any cabinet door. One likes to play fetch. They snuggle up to me at night to help me sleep, and are back on my bed in the morning waiting for me to get up.

This breed is very intellent. They will watch everything I do and want to help. Cleaning my home is a bit of a challenge now, but I do not mind. Often find myself laughing because they seem to surprise me nearly every day as they try to mimic what I do.

The younger kitten, seven months old now, will hop up on the bathroom sink and watch me get ready for work in the morning. As I brush my teeth and comb my hair, he will groom himself along with me.

The older kitten, about to be one year's old, dragged an empty 32oz cup of soda from the kitchen and set it upright on my bed for me for when I wake up in the morning the other day. Yes, my bed was a little damp from the melting ice cubes as he set up the cup, but didn't mind because I was having a good laugh. They are really a joy to have around.

Normally a mother cat will find a place to hide as she gives birth to her kittens. For both litters, I set up three hidden places around my home for the mother cat to choose from. Both litters ended up being born on my bed as I woke up. Within hours, the mother cat, carried each her new born up to me to inspect.

This is a truly amazing breed of cat.

Last edited by Randolph Dilloway; March 10th, 2018 at 04:41 PM.