Full Thread: Gold
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2009 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by April View Post
I dont know if I agree with this. What I think is that people choose to believe what works for them. If you dont have any gold or silver and you cant afford to buy it, you want to believe that those of us who did are going to lose out. It is that simple. I bought silver as a way to preserve wealth but mostly as a way to have something to trade in should the dollar and the banks fail. I do like the Mad Max fantasy of course, but things are going pretty well for me now and so it is just nice to feel safe and have some bases covered.
It's hard to know what is real. My bottom belief is that the value of paper money can fall to zero, but gold and silver will always be worth something.

I just think gold and silver bugs are funny. We hear all the time now about gold and silver being out of whack, that the traditional price ratio has been 16:1, and with gold near 1000 and silver around 15, silver is sure to go up. My question is, why isn't it just as likely that silver will stay where it is an gold will fall?

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 21st, 2009 at 08:35 PM.