View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2014 #15
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
For years this poem was in my mind, but couldn't recall where/who. Then I came across it again reading some very old National Reviews. This to me is the mentality of too many pet owners. Not all, but too many.
Your view on people with pets sort of sounds like it flies in the face of your views on freedom and against regulation. In what way does peoples view on pets influence you personally or whites as a race. People who do drugs? "Let them do what they want, who are we to interfere?" People who own pets? "This is their odd/degenerate (implied) mentality:" Do you really think this is what has an impact on the white birthrate? What problems does it cause anyone, other than the rare cases where people neglect their animals and they make noise all day? That's not even really the fault of the animal, more that the owner couldn't deal with the responsibilities of taking care of a pet. It's like blaming a baby for crying instead of the parent neglecting it.

Quote:
The love they could not give to one another
They ultimately forced on quadrupeds --

To view the thing as more than what it was:
Suave slavery. You cannot love your own,
The velvet gait declares. I'll not love you.
False dilemma: "you can either love a pet or you love your own- they're mutually exclusive."

I agree that there's a small % of people who think their pets are their actual babies, and they're deranged, but I think they're usually compensation for not having children (after the fact). I'm sure most of those people would actually rather have had children. Even so, it doesn't really cause anyone else problems and those types are so small in numbers it's barely even worth mentioning.

Quote:
Poor captive creatures, longing for the wild
If dogs are 'captive' or enslaved, then why did they adapt the traits that allowed them to be domesticated by humans? They did so because it's more beneficial for them to live with humans than to live in the wild.

Last edited by varg; October 12th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.