Full Thread: What are you reading?
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2017 #872
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Reading Fox's Book of Martyrs. Nothing but descriptions of how pagans killed christians, and then how catholics killed protestants. Our ancestors acted like ISIS.
Read it quite a few years ago and found it to be a monotonous bore; a sleeping pill in book form and pretty much a crock of shit altogether.

Fox relates scores (hundreds?) of instances of protestants being burned alive at the hands of catholics. But, if memory serves, not once, according to Fox, did any of these victims cry out in pain or beg for mercy while being slowly roasted to a heap of ashes. No, according to Fox each and every one of them died with smiles on their faces and/or sung praises to their jew god instead. Not a one let out so much as an "Ouch!" Really, Johnny? But the b.s. story I remember most was the one in which a twentysomething female had her outstretched hand literally burned to the bone with a torch by two men who suspected her of being protestant. Supposedly she never uttered a peep while this was going on, but quietly, serenely suffered the excruciating torture like a trooper. Hell, I burn the tip of my finger with a match or cigarette and I'm howling like a banshee.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; August 14th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.