View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2006 #4
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
32s and 380s are women's guns man. I assume that you are not female. Neither of them is really powerful enough. Snub nosed guns are for women also.

Revolvers are less likely to jam, require less maintenance and do not leave empty cases. They have a longer barrel in a gun of the same length. However they have too low capacity and are too slow to reload. If one is left handed one has to change hands to reload them. They are less well-balanced, they 'hang forward' in the hand due to their shape, and they have a heavier trigger pull. With a few exceptions they cannot be effectively silenced. They are bulky. I recommend a 9mm semi-automatic, or if you insist on a revolver then a .357.
Listen to people who know what their talking about here-Charles apparently does.

I've carried a concealed weapon for 40 years and here's the low down.

32/380= real waste of time- dangerous trash,38=maybe you'll survive,maybe not.9MM better than 38 but not by much.Wheel gun or auto-Charles already covered that.

My choice is a Glock 45-packs a hit to make sure YOU survive,and enough ammo the make up for any mistakes you might make, if any.Sure it's a bit heavy,but you get use to it soon, and you'll be damn glad you did when the shit hit the fan.

Don't worry unnecessarily about concealment.I carried a Colt 45/1911 for years and years everywhere, and nobody ever noticed anything.

The real secret of carrying a gun is actually knowing how to use it; and practice ,practice ,practice.Shoot it at least once or twice a month or more for a couple of hundred rounds in a variety of distances,lighting and weather.

I've shot it out with more than a few bad guys and live to bury all of them;mainly because of "mussel memory" .I was use to drawing and shooting in seconds, without aiming or thinking,just reaction.Almost all of the gang bangers I had trouble with had all kinds of super guns and bullets and crap but no real knowledge or ability to actually get the job done.

If you carry a gun; you certainly better know damn well how to use it, and use it better than most.