View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2008 #25
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause View Post
Depending on the situation, style of dress, etc, I carry my mythical H&K USP .45 or my 5-shot .38 snubbie.

I prefer to carry my USP and do so probably 75% of the time.
The majority of people won’t do that. I can see carrying a 38 snub everywhere but a huge 45 auto would be difficult to conceal and uncomfortable. You and Chris Drake are about the only 2 VNNF’ers I could see that would actually carry a 45 auto in 100-degree weather.

A handgun is to get out of a situation and perhaps get back to the rifle or shotgun in the automobile or home.

Also in Tennessee laws are a bit different than they are in for example Ohio. In Tennessee kwaps wouldn’t think about a huge gun like that (one of my relatives carried a Dirty Harry 44 mag), however in somewhere like Ohio if they found a hand cannon on your person even if it was legal and you had the proper permit they would take you to jail. Kwaps have a knack of finding something illegal about a law-abiding citizen, yet it takes them decades to get one shred of evidence against the biggest dope dealers.