View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2006 #138
Joe Snuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie
In an older Australia the polite expression describing a Piss Pot, a small midnight convenience, commonly but discretely placed under the beds of the Victorians of the 18th Century, was 'a 'G'sunder'

So called because it, G'sunder the bed.

Get it?

So what does a Piss Pot have to do with intellectual giants like you?

YOU take a Piss Pot and fill it with Jet Fuel.

I take an Olympic 50 meter Swimming Pool and fill IT with Jet Fuel.

You set yours alight and I set the Swimming pool alight.

The swimming pool certainly has a bigger fire than your small Piss Pot.

But the temperatures of both are exactly the same.

Neither fire is hot enough to soften steel, let alone melt it.

No Kerosine fire brought down those buildings. If you don't believe me, go and try to melt your monkey wrench with kerosine. Mix in some plastics (from computers) and some foam rubber (from furniture) and some cloth and rags, (from clothing, carpets, curtains) and throw in a fatty bit of steak (from 3,000 bodies).

Make sure the fire is short of oxygen, so the smoke is good and black (like the WTC)

But whatever else you do, don't hold your breath waiting for your tool to melt.

Here endeth the lesson.

If a paper, plastic, wood or kerosene fire can't weaken the structural steel to a point to cause collapse then why did the engineers put fire retardent on the steel when it was built?
Let me guess, them engineers that designed the towers are just so stupid and if you would have been able to explain to them dumb engineers that a kerosene fire is just a cold little harmless fire they would have been able to save all that money.