View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2012 #83
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe
No you are arguing for the sake of arguing, building up one straw man argument after the next.
Read the actual meaning of the straw-man fallacy and then disappear, please.

Quote:
you pull out a misleading graph showing only a 3" drop
The most relied upon, scientifically accurate trajectory-generator available shows an average 2-3" drop for any common commercial .45acp load, in any common pistol or revolver, zeroed at 25 yards, fired at 50. You call that misleading? You have a better calculator than they do? Show us.

Quote:
but anyone who shoots pistols knows
Again with your fallacious popular appeal to "everyone" on what is a matter of fact, not opinion.

Quote:
getting that kind of range and accuracy out of a .45 ACP is a lucky shot at best.
Fact is, decent 50-yard (and farther) groups with all kinds of handgun and cartridge combinations are rather boringly common, as a simple google image search will prove.

Quote:
In my experience, I'd be more confident to land a kill shot with a .22lr over a .45ACP pistol at that range. And that is all I'm suggesting.
Then blame yourself, instead of all guns and all ammo above your handicap.