View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2014 #10
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I've talked to many religious people, sometimes I enjoy it. But I say the same things I do here, although I'm not as hostile. If I don't want to talk to them, I don't. If I do, I state my views flatly. I don't try to be friendly or unfriendly. One way you can tell christianity is false is its salesmen are always extra nice. That's because what they're selling won't go on its own merits. They have to perfume it.
I don't like being rude to people, especially neighbors. So I'm not going to walk up to a random Christian and tell them their god is a dead jew on a stick unless I feel like they're disrespecting me. If they guy would have just agreed not to place any more leaflets on my doorstep, I would have left it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
I understand your frustration, but why even spike your BP? Stress kills, man.

I would've just thrown the religious tracts in the trash. Make a mental note to wear a Black Sabbath T-shirt next time I might run into the guy. I wouldn't have stopped him on the road.

It's a semi-free country and if he wants to spend his day promoting the all-hits album from Mathew, Mark, Luke & John, I got better shit to do. /shrug
I came to a point in life many years ago, where I got tired of being shit on. And that means if I have a problem with something, then that person will know about it. To me, giving that christian an ass chewing is the same thing as giving a co-worker an ass chewing over borrowing my tools and not putting them back where they found them.

Last edited by Crowe; January 15th, 2014 at 01:58 PM.