View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2008 #15
John de Nugent

A comrade sent me this notice from USA Today:

"Across the USA: Wisconsin: Milwaukee",
[USA Today, June 13, 2008. pA10]

Organizers have raised $3.5 million to build a German-American
Cultural Center in Menomonee Falls. They hope to convert a restaurant and banquet hall to the nation's largest German- American heritage site.

Samuel Scheibler, executive director of the German-American Cultural Foundation of Wisconsin, said the site would be dedicated Sunday.

Planned German-American Heritage Center. The State of Wisconsin is about 51% German. Germans are also by far the biggest group in Minnesota, despite the Scandinavian reputation. A gigantic swath of the Midwest, prairie and cowboy states features German as the largest ethnic heritage. In fact, the Heartland (of which Pennsylvania is a part) is basically German, then Irish, Scots-Irish and Slavic. A friend iin Ohio wrote me: "Everyone in the Midwest is 'German + something.' German and Scottish, German and Irish, German and Slovakian, German and Polish. German permeates the whole region. That's that Midwest feeling: hardworking, law-abiding, not showy. . . ." But the cross German-Americans bear is to basically cringe inwardly at every perpetual mention on Jew TV and in academia of the so-called Holocaust

======================

Dear [comrade],

Of interest. There are about 52 MILLION Americans of German/ /Austrian/Alsatian/Swiss-German heritage -- and many of them feel stirrings of pride in their perpetually maligned ancestors.

Sometimes it is just buying a German car, drinking German beer -- or getting even sicker than the rest of us at Holocaustomania's steady drip-drip-drip.

I worked with Hans Schmidt (formerly of the Adolf Hitler division of
the Waffen-SS) on a pilot German-American heritage foundation in the mid-1980s. Tragically, it ran out of money, but we did a test mailing to a "cold list" of Americans with merely German last names in the Chicagoland, and got a 5% response.

Hans Schmidt, author, soldier, thinker. His book SS Panzer Grenadier is a fine introduction for Americans (Schmidt built flourishing businesses in California) to the truth about the Waffen-SS, in a way the Marines of the Third Reich.

5% from a "cold list" (never before accessed) is actually huge. One in 20 of these assimilated Americans -- whose German ancestry may have gone back three or five generations -- sent us checks.

I am positive that this is a vast, untapped source of both anger at the Jews and pride in heritage -- and it can be harnessed for a white civil rights movement.

I once did a look-see at several pages of subscribers to America Free Press. The names were about 40% German.

When a German-American sees St. Patrick's Day, or Columbus Day, or Kwanzaa, or Dia de la Raza {"Day of the mestizo race'], it reminds him that he belongs to the one spit-upon nationality left.

A friend (actually a Swedish-American) attended an Air Force ROTC meeting at U. Maryland/College Park. To warm/loosen up the cadets, the instuctor was asking about ethnic backgrounds. "Who here is Irish?" Boisterous Yeah! and raising of a few hands. Who here is Italian? Hey, pasta fazu! Polish? Five hands shot up, with the same rowdy, festive spirit.

Who here is German?

Silently, more than half the class raised their hands.

JdN

George Westinghouse (Westinghaus) was of German descent from New York State. His development of the air brake meant trains could race along at high speeds, not crawl along using brake pads to slow them down. (What brake pad material then or now could slow a fifty-boxcar train? ) Westinghouse then became a legendary developer of electrical equipment, competing with Thomas Edison. Westinghouse Corporation is still a fine and major employer in Pittsburgh, where it is headquartered, and has moved into nuclear energy.

====================

A lady comrade responded:

How right you are, John. It is of great interest.

Your comments are so on target, and it's something I'm just becoming more painfully aware of, having lived in denial for most of my life (along with other German-Americans, some of whom dislike Germans!!).

Isn't Milwaukee, Wisconsin the home of a new or proposed Holocaust Museum? Because there are a lot of Germans there to torture, I guess.

We were recently discussing the 8 million bucks the State of Illinois has given to Skokie Township (highly populated by Holo survivors) to build their own "Holocaust" Museum. Three times that much is coming from Jewish organizations. Can't remember now what the third source was.

But one particular Ger/Am resident of a nearby suburb is incensed that another "hate Germans" propaganda palace is going up "so long after the event and so far away from it." As an internee, along with his whole family, from 1941 to 1948 (!), as the guest of U.S. Government concentration camps, he is trying to get recognition of German-American and Italian-American internment, and it's an incredible uphill battle.

Most people just wouldn't believe the refusal of American authorities to even admit, let alone recognize how many Ger/Ams were interned, and how they were treated.

Can you direct me to that article, or others like it? I googled it and all, but nothing came up.

And yes, John, I'm with you about galvanizing this German ethnicity. I'm just getting started in this particular area of interest, and I'd like to see some action.

(Sorry if this jpg is more than 600 pixels; otherwise it is unreadable. ) I slaved over this map in 1985, as far as I know the first-ever white ethnic map based on the US Census.

==================

From one of my "Of Teutonic Blood' articles from The Barnes Review.:

Quote:Many German, Austrian or Swiss German corporations have become American household names: Nestlés, Red Bull (energy drinks from Salzburg), Glock pistols (widely used by police, also from Austria), Jaegermeister (a strange, bitter, licorice liqueur that causes tipsiness with chilling German efficiency), and obviously Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Volkswagen.

Ze Churmanss und ze Ohstrians of course luff any drink zat giffs moah enerchee. Red Bull is headquartered in Salzburg. It contains 21.5 g sucrose, 5.25 g of glucose, 50 mg of inositol, 1000 mg of taurine, 600 mg of glucuronolactone, vitamin B — 20 mg of niacin, 5 mg of vitamin B6, 5 mg of pantothenic acid and 5 μg of vitamin B12 — and 80 mg of caffeine, with a mixed-berry taste. The Austrian formula (the drink began in Thailand) is said to increase physical endurance, mental sharpness and concentration.

Dietrich Mateschitz, Austrian billionaire. Wikipedia's article on his bestselling product is quite interesting.

America’s “thing” for Volkswagens is interesting. “Volkswagen” was Hitler’s own chosen name for the universally affordable “Folk Wagon” (“people’s car”) that he had Ferdinand Porsche develop and build, beginning in 1934.

Volk was of course the Third Reich’s magic word, meaning “the racial nation.” The “beetles” were built in the new city of Wolfsburg.1

The “Folk Wagon” company is now the fourth-largest car company in the world.

One of Germany’s most trivial yet ingenious gifts to America has been the perfecting of the modern potato chip. The Mikesell (“Meichsel”) Company of Dayton, Ohio achieved this wunder in 1910. In 1932 in Nashville, Herman Lay made America a world potato chip power.

The next German addition to the world “fun food” market was Fanta soda, whose orange color confirmed that it contained yet another amazing German chemical.

Franklin Roosevelt was Fanta’s evil stepfather; in 1940, he had decided to cripple the Third Reich by stopping U.S. exports of Coca-Cola syrup. That meant war, a war for the survival of Coca-Cola Deutschland and its thousands of employees now without a product. And that led quickly to Fanta.

The company’s manager was the very resourceful Max Keith. (Pronounced “kite,” Keith can be a German name, just as Peters, Winters, and Miller can be.)

Keith mixed a concoction from whey and apple fiber, then added flavoring and coloring. Searching for a brand name, he asked employees to make a suggestion, using their imagination (in German, their Fantasie). One employee, Joe Knipps, had a brainstorm: “Fanta.”

The most disgusting of all German inventions, however, appeared in 1879—saccharin, the first no-calorie artificial sweetener. Its taste caused millions of Americans to decide they would prefer to stay fat.

The most convenient German erfindung (invention) has been contact lenses, more used by Americans than any other nation. (Americans hate to look bookish.) The hard ones were invented by Adolf Fick in 1887, the soft version by Otto Wichterle in 1961.

Ja, Bausch und Lomb is also uff Churman orichin, as are contact lenses. Did you sink zat Al Sharpton in-ffented das multifokal kontakt lens?

Al Sharpton. "I has a SCHEME TODAY!"

Americans have NO idea how many household products were started by Germans, German immigrants or their descendants.

• Anheuser-Busch (beer)
• (Eddie) Bauer (sports clothing)
• Bausch and Lomb (telescopes)
• Bayer (aspirin)
• Bechtel (construction)
• Boeing (aerospace)
• (Black &) Decker (tools)
• Diebold (bank vaults, ATM machines
and recently voting machines—the Diebold
family is long gone)
• Derringer (pistols)
• Doppler (weather radar, using the
Doppler effect)
• Eckerd (drugstores)
• Engelhard (chemicals)
• Fender (the prized “Stratocaster”
electric guitar)
• Gerber (baby foods)
• Hershey (“Hirsche,” chocolate)
• Hilton (“Hilten,” hotels)
• Hoover (Huber, vacuum cleaners)
• Kaiser (aluminum)
• Keebler (“Kiebler,” cookies)
• Kemper (insurance)
• Koehler (faucets)
• Kraft (foods)
• Kroeger (2,477 supermarkets/pharmacies,
based in Cincinnati, Ohio, with $60
billion in sales)
• Heinz (ketchup)
• Hormel (meats)
• Lays (potato chips)
• Mack (trucks)
• Maytag (appliances)
• Meineke (mufflers)
• Merck (pharmaceuticals)
• Oscar Meyer (meats)
• Mosler (safes)
• Reese (peanut-butter cups & candy)
• Orville Redenbacker (popcorn)
• Sebring (Florida raceway)
• Schering (pharmaceuticals)
• Earl Scheib (car bodywork)
• Schick (razors)
• Schlage (locks)
• Schweppes (soft drinks)
• (Charles) Schwab (investments)
• Schwinn (bicycles)
• Seecamp (the Mercedes of concealable
pistols)
• Siebert (manufacturing control systems)
• Smucker (jams)
• Steinway (“Steinweg” pianos)
• Stouffer (foods/hotels)
• Trump (premium real estate)
• Walgreen’s (drugstores)
• Wagner (spray paint)
• Weber (grills)
• Westinghouse electric appliances,
lighting)
• Weyerhaeuser (paper)
• Ziebart (car enhancements). . . .
Of course almost every major beer
brand in America is of German origin:
• Sam Adams (Bavarian recipe from
the Koch family of Washington, D.C.)
• (Adolph) Coors
• Busch
• Michelob
• Miller (Mueller)
• Pabst
• Schaefer
• Schlitz
• Schmidt’s
• Stroh’s
• Rheingold
• Weinhard
• Yuengling (the oldest brewery in
America).

Even Mexico’s popular Corona and Dos Equis beers, and China’s Tsing Tao brew, enjoyed by Americans, were all founded by German immigrants to those countries.

¡Viva Alemania! [Germany]