View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2013 #79
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean West View Post
It's odd to see someone at VNN using Furchtgott-Roth and Christina Sommers--both Jews--to make a point about an "unequal pay myth."

They and other Jews like them come in for the second shift; milking the cow on the right side, their brethren having milked it on the left.

That there was a large pay and job opportunity gap at the time that the women's rights movement began is beyond dispute. That it has narrowed significantly by this time may also be beyond dispute; I haven't kept track. To present what is now as if what was then did not exist is not useful.

There should not be such animosity between men and women about this. Many of the changes that took place would have happened of their own accord, though there's no doubt at all in my mind that Jews turned everything possible to their own advantage. But that's a given.
So what? There used to be freedom. If someone wants to pay you less than someone else doing the same thing, then don't take job. As always, you're blaming someone else for your decisions.

I favor freedom. I don't believe in any kind of discrimination law or equal-pay law. But now we have super-intrusive, all-encompassing government.

If women were as skilled as men, then someone sharp -- like a group of "strong" women -- could have made money undercutting more expensive men. That didn't happen so far as I'm aware.

As always, what is missed here is that freedom clears all this garbage up. Freedom of contract. Small government. Employment at will. But the little man wants safety and all the other things losers cry for. He doesn't care if he has to give up half his salary, and turn over all his power to racial aliens.