View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2010 #9
Igor Alexander

Quote:
This note could only have been written by an Israeli patriot, for no one else would have a vested interest in promoting this genetic nonsense.
Hahaha! Only it's not totally nonsense.

Quote:
The Oxford Press simply waited for Scofield to die and changed it as they wished.
Who owns or manages the Oxford University Press?

Quote:
"all Jews are natural descendants of Abraham, but are not necessarily his spiritual posterity."
I don't understand the second part of this sentence. Is it saying that even non-religious jews are entitled to the land?

Quote:
He has quipped, "Judging Christianity by looking at the American Evangelists is kind of like judging the British by watching Benny Hill."
Enough with the Benny Hill bashing already.

Quote:
Reverend Sizer's remark brings to mind another Benny; his name is Benny Hinn, not a British comic, but an American evangelist spouting inflammatory hate-filled words aimed at Muslims everywhere.
I had a spooky experience involving Hinn once. A friend and I were watching Hinn on TV and making fun of him. He had his eyes closed and he was reciting a list of the diseases God was telling him individuals in his audience were suffering from. Suddenly, his eyes burst open and with a cross look his face, he said something like, "I know there is someone mocking me at this moment. God will punish you if you continue to do it."

I'm sure it was just an educated guess on his part -- I'm sure he knows that at any given time, there are hundreds of people making fun of him -- but still, at the moment, it startled me.