View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2013 #18
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

I've built several computers, desktop computers not laptop, although I've taken a few laptops apart to upgrade memory or swap out dead parts. The only desktop I ever bought was my first one, the rest of them I've built. If I can do it then almost anyone should also be able to do it. It is software I hate. I have used Linux operating systems for most of them I have built. Sometimes Linux can be pretty geeky to set up, and I'm not much of a software geek so it can be challenging. But once Linux is up and working it rarely causes problems, and I don't have to worry about a virus. I usually go with SUSE for a distro but have also used others, the old Dell Latitude D610 laptop I'm typing this on uses a stripped down distro called Puppy Linux. Boots in under a minute and is stable as a rock. I won't use that jew crap called Ubuntu or some such nigger name.