View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2004 #20
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasyurus Maculatus
Unlike the ordinary German soldier, and I add that my father was a Gefreiter in the Wehrmacht in WW2 so I declare an interest: the three 'Golden Pheasants' as the German people called Hitler Himmler and Goering didnt have the balls to fight hand to hand with the 'Red Beast'. All three of them eventually killed themselves, rather than having the courage to go down in hand to hand fighting - the option that others chose. So much for being Ubermensch or Supermen.
first off, Hitler proved his balls in the First War as did Goering. I think you know that so we'll skip the exposition of Hitler's daring as a courier and infantryman or Goering's exploits as a fighter ace.

As for Himmler, not the same story and yes he punked out at the end by many accounts.

Now back to Hitler. Elsewhere we have discussed his dedication to Germany and the NS ideal. He was the incarnation of that ideal matter of fact and his totat committment showed right up until the fight was lost and the Red army had over run the positions in Berlin. Hanna Ritsch and Ernst Rudel both offered to evacuate him via emergency landing on Berlin streets and he refused. As a commander he directed defensive positions until the very end. He requited the loyalty of the German soldier not be acting the fool and trying to make a bayonet charge into the arms of the drooling sadists of the NKVD but instead fell on his sword like a Roman of old. I normally dont approve of suicide but in this case his deeds were exceptional and you puking forth of that kosher vomit about him here will not be appreciated.

As for Goering I to was ignorant of his own last deeds prior to his suicide. Please obtain a copy of David Irving's book Nuremberg and read up on this. Goering stood for the trial that Himmler was afraid of; Goering denounced the non-existent "jurisdiction" of this "trial" which was little more than a drumhead courtmartial and execution of a foreign diplomat in violation of the settled laws of war and diplomancy. Say that again: NUREMBERG WAS NOT A TRIAL IT WAS A VIOLATION OF THE EXISTING LAWS OF WAR IN 1945. It was nothing more than the victor executing the foreign chief. It was a setback to a barbaric age of war that threw out centuries of European conventions and customs and even Christian theology and existing conventions such as the Geneva accords and was no better than the Romans marching Vercingetorix through the streets in chains.

But Goering stood up against this illegal humiliation and denounced it and defended his actions as Reichsmarshall and the NS government. Thankfully David Irving for all his faults has told the true story of this. Goering overcame his addiction to morphine and dropped many pounds at Nuremberg and at them time shined again like the hero of old. It's amusing to contrast the true record with the whining of the abjectly apologizing Speer who blamed this that and the next thing on Goering who stood up like a man and refused apologies.

Finally when the whole charade was more or less done, Goering deprived them of the Jewish opportunity to gloat over his hanging by suicide. One wonders where and how he was able to obtain the cyanide capsule and successfully keep it hidden throughtout the trial. Perhaps he had the aid of a merciful US gaurd. WHo knows, that is a mystery. But in spite of our normal disapproval of suicide, in my view his actions were gallant and noble and his suicide excusable.

In a subtle irony, after forty some years of captivity, the unarguably innocent Rudolph Hess also "committed suicide" even though it would seem more likely he was murdered. Another mystery.

Daisy if you cant get Irving's book in Germany, if you live there, you can still read his website. free download available here:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/books/Nuremberg/index.html

Real History conference in Cinci in three weeks:

http://focal.org/speaks/