Full Thread: Snake News
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2013 #169
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
That was a dumb fucking thing to do. You wouldn't get away with that with a rattler. Corals snakes are fairly mild, and they have to pretty much chew away a little bit to get their venom in you; the big snakes just jab you like a crazed junkie. But coral snake venom is a different type of venom, and more powerful.

Tell the truth, you could probably just pick the coral snake up. They're not super excitable. That's still a very bad idea. But when you grab at any snake, it's going to freak, thinking you're a bird going to eat it. These are not things to play with, go look at some shots of people who DIDN'T die from venom - they often still have fucked up appendages. That stuff is digestion stage 1. It's like melting your arm with a flame. You may not burn to death, but your skin and flesh isn't going back to normal ever again.
Well jah, I admitted it was a dumb/stupid thing to do, and I consider myself lucky I wasn't bit; no argument there. Then again they're not nearly as easily pissed off as are pit vipers such as rattlers, moccasins, cottonmouths and copperheads, which are also in abundance here in Florida. I wouldn't even think of pulling a stunt like that with any of those lightning-quick sonsofbitches.

By far the most common snake in the rural county where I live is the nonpoisonous, though deadly-looking, black racer; commonly referred to as the "blacksnake." These fuckers are, as the name implies, very fast-moving snakes and resemble cobras and black mambas, which scares the daylights out of people not too familiar with snakes. And they're so common where I live that I'd estimate I see anywhere between 8-14 a week; and I've seen as many as five in one day.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; December 10th, 2013 at 02:03 PM.