View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013 #3
Jae Manzel

Default Svyatoslav khanenko: Svoboda stands for a civilized, transparent system of medical treatment for ukrainians

5 August, 2013 - Svoboda's deputy Svyatoslav Khanenko held a working meeting with representatives of pharmaceutical associations.

During the event, it was pointed out that the lack of consistency and coherence, especially when it comes to legislative initiatives, as well as the industry's rapidly changing, turbulent environment, may harm suppliers and their consumers. In European countries, any changes to regulatory acts are preceded by lengthy discussions, and subsequent innovations are introduced gradually. In Ukraine, on the other hand, changes occur rapidly and not always in a logical manner.

Moreover, the participants focused on the need to develop some new law on medicine, products for medical purpose and licensing.

Svyatoslav Khanenko asked the participants to take an active role in developing regulations for their sector, ie to join public discussions organised by Svoboda regarding their proposed draft laws, which would help to improve a normative base and to achieve a balance of interests of all participants in the process.

This partnership, in the deputy's opinion, should be long-term: "Our common task is to provide the Ukrainian population with affordable and high-quality products. Svoboda stands for a civilized, transparent system of medical supply in the interest of patients and medical workers. We also have to reduce the corruption component between government officials and suppliers. This can only be achieved by transferring functions of the Ministry of Health's state procurement to a national agency of a European model ", - said Khanenko.

"Svoboda aims for constructivism when a question of health arises. I gave signals to the Ministry of Health as well as the State's Medical Service that we are ready for collaboration. Unfortunately, after working in a group which I initiated to cooperate with the Ministry of Health, I am unhappy to report that the government has adopted an incorrect approach for changing the sector's legislation. I am yet to witness any constructive work, where interests of all stakeholders are considered ", - added Svyatoslav Khanenko.

This, the deputy believes, must change, and only a consolidated position of physicians, nurses, pharmacists and patients can offset any attempts of the regime's representatives to allocate the country's resources to them only.
Press Service of Svoboda