Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 10th, 2010 #21
Wolfgang

Ate the whole thing by myself. The cupcakes were gone minutes after this picture was taken

Click image for larger version

Name:	04-19-10_2115.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	6879

Old October 11th, 2010 #22
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Moore View Post
lol I'm not that fucking fancy mate. The battle flag cake took me like 4 hrs as it is.
You could cheat, by making the bust hollow. Simply roll some of that rising Pillsbury-type dough they use for baking croissants. Roll it into a long snake and then start winding it over itself, for your bust frame. I used to construct ceramic waterpipes in art class which got me A+ s (the only class where I ever achieved such high grades), using this method. Of course, after the ceramic was baked, the pipes never turned up. The teacher gave me the excuse that they shattered because of the air pockets of which I was carefull about not leaving any in. I guess, the A+ was to compensate me for the theft and her for a guilty conscience. All other figures produced with this method showed up, though.
The frame alone shouldn't take more than an hour, from scratch to bake. You could then get artsy with the exterior. Thus taking your sweet ol' time. You might have to turn the bust on its side, to build it up and add the icing

Old October 13th, 2010 #23
BreannaFand

Amy's and Wolfgang's look amazing! You are both so good at decorating cakes! Yes mine get very big and puffy LOL. It isn't so bad for the cookies, but the bread gets really big! I find that for cookies I have to use a lot more flour than the recipe calls for in order to make them keep their shape. Although the puffier the bread is, the better it tastes, it looks a lot worse! When the bread is big and puffy it's so light and fluffy on the inside and tastes so yummy

Old October 14th, 2010 #24
Kind Lampshade Maker

It may soon be possible for you to bring your I-phone to a nearby Madame Tussaud's Museum for scanning a favorite historical figure near you, as a model for bust cake baking. The trailer, in this video:

http://bazonline.ch/digital/wild-wid...story/16931624

Old October 14th, 2010 #25
Wolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreannaFand View Post
Amy's and Wolfgang's look amazing! You are both so good at decorating cakes! Yes mine get very big and puffy LOL. It isn't so bad for the cookies, but the bread gets really big! I find that for cookies I have to use a lot more flour than the recipe calls for in order to make them keep their shape. Although the puffier the bread is, the better it tastes, it looks a lot worse! When the bread is big and puffy it's so light and fluffy on the inside and tastes so yummy
Oh. I bought the cake, and cupcakes, then put the Swastikas on them using licorice. It was x-tra fluffy yellow cake, with the icing that tastes like butter.

Think I'm getting a sheet cake next year. That will allow more room for flags, and a photo of the Boss.

Old October 14th, 2010 #26
Kind Lampshade Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny James View Post
...If a woman who even looked like Hillary Clinton but cooked me swastika rolls and used the word nigger openly around me, I would marry her in a flat second.
I'd marry her, if she looked like this. Even, if she neither could bake nor slurr:

Graphic source:

http://blog.bazonline.ch/sweethome/i...en-ofen-damit/

Old October 14th, 2010 #27
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post
I'd marry her, if she looked like this. Even, if she neither could bake nor slurr:

Graphic source:

http://blog.bazonline.ch/sweethome/i...en-ofen-damit/

That's an awesome picture.

Old October 14th, 2010 #28
ray bateson
baппed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
That's an awesome picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post

Last edited by ray bateson; October 14th, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Thread