VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 15th, 2014 #1
The Truth At Last

Default Prisoner of conscience . Austria

Quote:
Leading Austrian neo-Nazi loses appeal

A leading figure in Austria's far-right scene since the 1970s lost a final appeal in the country's highest court Wednesday against his conviction for glorifying Nazism.

But Gottfried Kuessel, 55, who has denied the Holocaust took place and who has praised compatriot Adolf Hitler, had his jail sentence trimmed to seven years and nine months from nine years.

Kuessel was originally found guilty a year ago for creating a neo-Nazi blog and website but appealed. Two accomplices also had their convictions upheld and their sentences cut on Wednesday.

Kuessel, former leader of the now-banned neo-Nazi group VAPO, with which he wanted to overthrow the Austrian government and "seize power", spent six years behind bars in the 1990s.

Asked by the judge if he understood the ruling, one of his supporters in the courtroom shouted "no". The Austria Press Agency reported that later there was a minor scuffle between a camera team and Kuessel supporters.

A calm-looking Kuessel, in a pink shirt, grey jacket and glasses, was led away in handcuffs by police.

The glorification of Nazi ideology and the denial of the Holocaust are crimes in Austria and Germany.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...i-loses-appeal

Having a political opinion can be illigal in Europe today , our 'leaders' have the cheek to lecture the world about human rights and democracy

Old January 23rd, 2014 #2
Pierre-Marc

9 years
He should have raped a few little girls. He would have got less time... or not, after all, he's white.
However, I don't understand why people don't take more precautions, I don't think it's the good time to be a martyr.

Thread