VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 15th, 2007 #1
sam

Default Podcast Broken?

FYI:
You guys may want to check the podcasting functionality. All the feeds seemed to stop working. The feed downloads, but podcast clients don't seem to see any new shows cropping up. I tried iTunes and Juice podcast clients. All other podcasts I have are working; just this one is busted.

Thanks,
-Sam.

Old November 18th, 2007 #2
D. Smith
Propasphere Escapee

I'm noticing the same problem. I'm subscribed to the master feed using iTunes and have found that it isn't updating.

Old March 8th, 2008 #3
D. Smith
Propasphere Escapee

Default Podcasts still won't update

Not to be an ass, but I'd like to point out that VNN's podcast feed still doesn't work with iTunes. When I input the podcast URL (http://feeds.feedburner.com/VNNBaudio) into iTunes, an entry for "Vanguard News Network" appears under the Podcasts Library subheading. However, when I try to update the feed, a circled exclamation error icon appears to the left of the entry, and produces the following error message when clicked:

"There are no playable episodes for Vanguard News Network >> audio. The URL might point to text-only episodes, or contain file types that iTunes cannot play"

If you're wondering why your podcast subscriber base is small in comparison to the number of downloaders, this is probably why.

Old March 8th, 2008 #4
Wagner

Podcasts have been broken since before the server switch. I think it has to do with
some funky ScribeFire + iTunes interaction. It would be great to have this working
again.

Old March 9th, 2008 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

I'll let our tech guys know.

Thread