VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 13th, 2013 #21
Jim Dandy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
By using a person's picture on your PERSONAL Twitter account, you ARE in effect claiming to be that person.

That's , taken right from the Mossad playbook (literally, they've been doing it for years and years, with a particularly egregious example from my own country in very recent times), no matter how you slice it.
Twitter accounts are as disposable as your panty liners.

Old August 13th, 2013 #22
Jae Manzel

Quote:
Note for mods: I'm getting a distinctly-Valdezian feeling about this 'Jim Dandy' character. Maybe 'he's' just decided to take a new tack here at VNN?

I could be wrong. But the more I read of his posts and his attitude, the more I get this feeling. But it's not just a 'feeling', it has to do with the way he writes, and the spirit of what he writes.

For example:

This is Valdez-syntax right now to the comma-insult construction that 'he' was so fond of finishing sentences with.

'Shout out' - 'Valdez' also loved to misappropriate nigger slang in between his copy-and-paste fests.

Not to mention, the 'shrug' emote that he was so fond of ending his posts with.
No its not Valdouche, he perished in the recent New Mexico wildfires!

Old August 13th, 2013 #23
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Beware the Twitter Gang.

Old August 13th, 2013 #24
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Yeah, im not a 2013 Mexican who imagines Im an ancient Injun warrior....try again.
Maybe, maybe not, but 4 posts ago, you advocated that people here, specifically, should steal other people's pictures off FB in order to hide their own identity, so why should anyone believe you?

And who here said anything about using Twitter to make threats? You did, and only you did.

You're not representing yourself here, so why should anyone follow you down the yellow-brick road of identity theft and severe legal shit for so doing?

You're a dishonourable little toad. And I still maintain you're pretty likely to be 'NM Valdez', taking a different tack here at VNN.

Say what you want - the more you say, the more I'm convinced of it.

Old August 13th, 2013 #25
Jim Dandy
Banned

Dalves: "we better not tread on their turf, those Queers look tough"

Look ill buy you an attorney if they arrest you for using someones pic that isnt your own on twitter.

Old August 13th, 2013 #26
M.N. Dalvez

I might have initially been wrong about this being 'Valdez', or should I say, 'Valdes'. Yeah, I am wrong sometimes, I don't mind admitting it.

http://vnnforum.com/search.php?searchid=3877895

Also, an allegedly-former VNN personality has been banging on elsewhere about the Twitter-ganging tactic ...

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; August 13th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.

Old August 13th, 2013 #27
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
I might have initially been wrong about this being 'Valdez', or should I say, 'Valdes'. Yeah, I am wrong sometimes, I don't mind admitting it.

http://vnnforum.com/search.php?searchid=3877895

Also, an allegedly-former VNN personality has been banging on elsewhere about the Twitter-ganging tactic ...
Wow, you so nailed it.

Old August 13th, 2013 #28
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Look ill buy you an attorney if they arrest you for using someones pic that isnt your own on twitter.
I guess that the crochet business is doing better in the current parlous economic climate than I thought?

Old August 13th, 2013 #29
Jim Dandy
Banned

I honestly don't understand all the fear concerning twitter. Its actually a step backwards to a global chatroom. You have the power to reach millions. Nobody is using browsers to read the web anymore.

Old August 13th, 2013 #30
Ann2
Marie Antoinette

What is your twitter name?

Old August 13th, 2013 #31
Alex Linder
Administrator

I'm on twitter, and I'm going to be pushing it more than I was. AlexLinder5, I have about 180 followers. Twitter is great for finding new stories. I use it to follow all the WN and other political and other subjects/people I'm interested in. But primarily I use it for broadcasting epigrams. It's like free documentation. All your tweets are saved, and you can go back through them. Most people tweet only stuff with links in it, but to me it's better for one-liners, bits of brilliance, or attempted brilliance. What a great service, and started by a white man, I believe, a guy named Dorsey. I like twitter better than Facebook.

Old August 13th, 2013 #32
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dandy View Post
I honestly don't understand all the fear concerning twitter. Its actually a step backwards to a global chatroom. You have the power to reach millions. Nobody is using browsers to read the web anymore.
No one is stopping you but you. No one is going to post their own information because of your beratement when you don't publicize your own credentials, nor one iota from your supposed revolutionary tweets.

Old August 13th, 2013 #33
N.B. Forrest

I'm on there, but being a tech retard, I'm still somewhat confused about how it works. I didn't know if the target of a tweet could read it unless they "followed" you first, until I told Ellen Barkin-Mad she was a goddamn kike.

How do you get your shit out there to the general public? I've responded to those "hashtag" threads and seen my posts with the others, so I guess that's the way to do it, not completely sure.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old August 13th, 2013 #34
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I'm on there, but being a tech retard, I'm still somewhat confused about how it works. I didn't know if the target of a tweet could read it unless they "followed" you first, until I told Ellen Barkin-Mad she was a goddamn kike.

How do you get your shit out there to the general public? I've responded to those "hashtag" threads and seen my posts with the others, so I guess that's the way to do it, not completely sure.
I don't fully understand or use the hashtag myself, but I should. yeah, your post with a hashtag goes into that pile, so i guess anyone who follows that pile or clicks it will see it. i guess. I just got on there and picked up a bunch of WN and conservative and other names and then follow them. Don't have to do more than that. But I guess the hashtag would help build up your followers as more will see your posts and follow you.

Old August 13th, 2013 #35
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I don't fully understand or use the hashtag myself, but I should. yeah, your post with a hashtag goes into that pile, so i guess anyone who follows that pile or clicks it will see it. i guess. I just got on there and picked up a bunch of WN and conservative and other names and then follow them. Don't have to do more than that. But I guess the hashtag would help build up your followers as more will see your posts and follow you.
It's one of the most confusing of these social media sites, that's for sure.

Then again, fucking computers themselves still aren't user-friendly. If it weren't for the great juden bypass of the internet, I'd smash this bastard to fragments....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old August 13th, 2013 #36
Samuel Hund
Banned

I don't want fucking followers.

Old August 13th, 2013 #37
Jim Dandy
Banned

Hashtags are only search terms, like keywords, remember this is a step back to text and chatroom stuff. If people are searching, for a word or a phrase it will show up in their search if you put a # in front of the term.

One big mistake the first time user will make is not knowing the difference between a subtweet and a tweet. If you tweet a celebrity and they dont follow you or dont like you you can get your account disabled. You can however subtweet anyone, even the big celebs. Click on a tweet and scroll down to enter your "sub tweet" into the box do not hit the tweet button at the top. This is the #1 mistake people make.

Old August 14th, 2013 #38
Peer Fischer

Quote:
Look at this. Cowering in fear over posting text on twitter. They really have you beat then. Too afraid to stand up in public and too afraid to stand up online. What good are you people?
"You people"? Racist!

Old August 14th, 2013 #39
Jae Manzel

Quote:
Hashtags are only search terms, like keywords, remember this is a step back to text and chatroom stuff. If people are searching, for a word or a phrase it will show up in their search if you put a # in front of the term.

One big mistake the first time user will make is not knowing the difference between a subtweet and a tweet. If you tweet a celebrity and they dont follow you or dont like you you can get your account disabled. You can however subtweet anyone, even the big celebs. Click on a tweet and scroll down to enter your "sub tweet" into the box do not hit the tweet button at the top. This is the #1 mistake people make.
'subtweet'? never heard of that! There are only 'retweets' !

Old August 14th, 2013 #40
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae manzel View Post
'subtweet'? never heard of that! There are only 'retweets' !
I've never heard of it either.

You can either go to a person's page and using the box at the top of the left hand side, send them a tweet. This is starting a new conversation.

Or, you can click reply under a tweet of theirs (you can do this on their page or in the general Twitter stream) and this continues a conversation. But really it doesn't matter which you do. There's no new/old conversation etiquette, though using the reply to tweet is less confusing to the other person if you're responding to an old tweet.

A retweet sends someone else's tweet out to anyone who follows you and, if it contains a #hashtag, to anyone following that hashtag.

Neither can a celeb get you banned from Twitter if they don't want you following them or talking to them. What they/anyone can do is either block you, which works same as the ignore here, or they can mark your tweet "report for spam". If a tweet gets so many "reports" they look at it and you might lose your account.

This is why it's pretty pointless harassing a gang of opponents because they can simply all agree to click report and your account gets banned. Then again, it's also easy to get someone else banned, so swings and roundabouts.

They're supposed to be bringing in a new harassment button, sparked by the feminist who got the English £5 note design changed and then got upset when people had a go at her for it, but it's not in place yet, as far as I know.

One last twitter lesson - never, ever click a link in a PM that says "look what they're saying about you" or "is this you in this video". That's a phishing link that enables someone to get your password. The more followers you have, the more attractive your account is.

Thread