Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 11th, 2005 #1
MidnightStar14

Default Production 101

The call's been sounded more than once for additional shows to host on VNN Broadcasting (and Radio White Austin too...I'm playing way too many ADVs and stuff by Frank Weltner than is good for a WN's health. )

I'd like to throw in a show of my own,but I'm not sure where to start. What would you want to listen to? What do you listen to and like that isn't WN?

If you already have some experience with production, what should people interested in having their own show get in the way of software and hardware?

Also,if you have something you've produced and need a way to distribute it for review and future broadcast, let me know. I have plenty of space on my hosting service,and can link it here or broadcast it live; whatever you may need.

Old May 12th, 2005 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Stan has the answer to your questions. Basically you need a recorder and software that can encode MP3s.

For content, what do you know that others need to hear?

We thank you for broadcasting our shows, and we will be doing many more of them.

Old May 12th, 2005 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

I just listened to a bunch of Weltner; it's good, he has a pleasant personality. I liked the interview with Vonbluvens, whose shows I also enjoy.

Old May 12th, 2005 #4
Stan Sikorski
Returned

Simple recording software: Music Match, Windows Media Player 9 (10 if XP), allow you to record from a mic source like a mic plugged into your soundcard. If you want to get fancy past that point, you can use a multitrack recording program like Cakewalk Sonar, Sonic Foundry or Pro Tools to ad other elements and post produce for audio quality. A decent headset or table mic, lots of ram and a 80+ gig harddrive and you'll have an easy go of it. it takes practice, experimentation and clear ears to get results but thats half the fun.

email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or need help in any way.

Thread