VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 28th, 2008 #1
randy

Default Lethal injection still possible for 1 double murder suspect

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=9392288

In a court hearing Friday, a judge kept lethal injection as a possibility for a suspect in the kidnapping, torture and slayings of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

Despite a motion by Letalvis Cobbins' defense attorneys, Judge Richard Baumgartner ruled that lethal injection isn't unconstitutional.

However, Judge Baumgartner hasn't ruled yet on a motion by the defense to throw out the death penalty. He said it's too early in the case to consider it.

Cobbins' case is due back in court on January 20 to consider more motions including defense motions to bar evidence from the home where Channon Christian's body was found.

The defense also wants to bar some phone conversations made by Cobbins in jail.

Cobbins' trial has been moved to July 6. The jurors will be brought to Knox County from other counties in Tennessee to hear the case and will be sequestered.

The other three defendants are: Lemaricus Davidson, George Thomas and Vanessa Coleman. Their trials will follow Cobbins.

The murdered couple was last seen on a date on the night of January 6, 2007. They were carjacked by sometime early the next morning.

Old December 5th, 2008 #2
rod crowley

Angry

Even IF sentenced to death the fuckin monkey will stand a better chance of old age doing him in before he's executed.If there were any REAL justice the whole bunch woulda been corpses in 07 and serve as an example to other would be thugs.American justice???WHAT JUSTICE?

Old December 13th, 2008 #3
Gman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod crowley View Post
Even IF sentenced to death the fuckin monkey will stand a better chance of old age doing him in before he's executed.If there were any REAL justice the whole bunch woulda been corpses in 07 and serve as an example to other would be thugs.American justice???WHAT JUSTICE?
Well said!!! They ALL should have been hung after being caught!!!! Our race has been totally deceived by jews!!!! Damn all these niggers!!!

Old December 18th, 2008 #4
Brian Foley

That was a terrible crime , I read about it at work down here in Australia , it wasnt obviously carried by the media here , but I read it on some blog . When I read about the prolonged rape after her boyfriend was killed and the torture , it really had me sick in the stomach thinking about her ordeal .

Thread