Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 12th, 2018 #41
ColdFire
Banned

I received some PMs concerning this thread , one of which I didn't answer yet . . . .

Concerning why, if most Euro-Americans are of Irish ancestry, why then the Catholics in the U.S. wouldn't be the majority among Euro-Americans.

As we all know , Ireland is an almost 100 % Catholic country.

One of the reasons Protestants in Northern Ireland are viewed as 'foreign subjects' by the supposed ancient Irish living there.

(the whole conflict Catholic-Protestant in Northern Ireland stems from the fact that Irish Catholics view themselves as the 'ancient Irish' while Protestants are regarded as the progeny of the 'plantation' by the English kings . . .)

Well . .

I don't think in this case religion plays a role.

The majority of Europeans in the USA were Protestant.

Most Euro-Americans may have Irish ancestry, like I said even to the point of language, yet Protestantism has always been the dominant religion in the USA.

In fact many people in the 'New World' back then associated Catholicism with the 'Old Europe' which they detested ( NOT in a racial way , just because of the despots there at that time . )

Old October 12th, 2018 #42
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Irish are only the majority in Massachusetts. As I've already posted, in most states, the majority ethnic group is German.

Old October 12th, 2018 #43
ColdFire
Banned

Sorry pal , only saw this post of yours now ( responding with the above post I didn't check the last page . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
You could have at least posted a decent version of that song.

Don McLean- American Pie (with Lyrics)

The version you posted was horrible.
lol . . . guess what ? I do not like either version of that song . .

If you found the song annoying,sorry. .

The lyrics mattered in that case. As far as I understand the lyrics deal with a disaster happening in the USA . .

Anyway.

Quote:
Being that California was settled by Spaniards and didn't become part of the United States until 1847, that's not very likely.
Languages develope. .
Even though in the beginning it was 'Latin America', the pure Caucasian Americans re-settling it didn't have any 'Spanish influence' in their language anymore I suppose.

Just an idea on my part.

Quote:
BTW, Cali is a city in Colombia.

You were all ears in geography lessons . .

BTW , both 'Calis' I suppose are neither related by blood nor marrige to Kali

Old October 12th, 2018 #44
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Irish are only the majority in Massachusetts. As I've already posted, in most states, the majority ethnic group is German.

As I can see you posted a relatively 'recent' statistic ( it may be from 2000 = 18 years old ; yet considering how long the US has already existed , that time is relatively short ) .

I'm talking about practically ALL THE TIME since the U.S. has been in existence . .

Old October 12th, 2018 #45
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Sorry pal , only saw this post of yours now ( responding with the above post I didn't check the last page . )

lol . . . guess what ? I do not like either version of that song . .

If you found the song annoying,sorry. .
I love that song; it's one of my favorites. I used to be able to sing it from beginning to end from memory. I could probably still do it if I thought about it.

But that Madona version is absolutely horrible.

Quote:
The lyrics mattered in that case. As far as I understand the lyrics deal with a disaster happening in the USA . .
It deals specifically with the death of Buddy Holly and the subsequent decline in popular music.

Quote:
Languages develope. .
Even though in the beginning it was 'Latin America', the pure Caucasian Americans re-settling it didn't have any 'Spanish influence' in their language anymore I suppose.

Just an idea on my part.
Spaniards are pure Caucasians.

Quote:
As I can see you posted a relatively 'recent' statistic ( it may be from 2000 = 18 years old ; yet considering how long the US has already existed , that time is relatively short ) .

I'm talking about practically ALL THE TIME since the U.S. has been in existence . .
Although there were some Irish from the beginning, there were not very many Irish until the 1850's.

Old October 12th, 2018 #46
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Spaniards are pure Caucasians.
Yes , Spaniards from Spain are pure Caucasian . .

I made that clear here.

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=24
Yet so called 'Latins' in the Americas mostly are Mestizo.

Oh , and I'm aware of Cali's history . .
See an earlier post . .

https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=2246885&postcount=6
The fact that sometimes even Mestizos in the Americas are called 'Spanish' is merely because they speak the Spanish language.

And the fact that it is called 'Latin America' also merely points to language . .

They speak languages derived from Latin ( Spanish , Portuguese ) . .

It does NOT mean they are racially like Spaniards or even close to ancient Rome , lol
Quote:
Although there were some Irish from the beginning, there were not very many Irish until the 1850's.
That's exactly what I said . . At about the mid-19th century . .

Old October 28th, 2018 #47
ColdFire
Banned

In a way , California is wanted . .

Not "wanted" as in that though . .

. . but wanted in that many "forces" would like to "have it" . .

The Mexicans sure would want to , the Californians themselves ( strive towards autonomy ) and the U.S. federal state . .

Like I said , many yielding institutions are there . .

Hollywood ,Silicon Valley etc etc. .

Should it be taken over by the Mexicans ( third-worlders ) I suppose it would soon look like Mexico herself . .

. . autonomy , who knows what that might bring , yet one thing for certain . .

( whatever . . )

. . should it remain under the federal government I suppose , sad as that may sound , it will have to continue to play along with the NWO ( accepting multiculturalism etc . ) . .

Apart from that , like I said , the native Californians should get busy when it comes to immigration . .

What might California's future behold ?

Choose wisely , Californians . .

I admit though that it is not truly the fault of Euro-Californians but merely the fault of "their" politicians . .

Old November 10th, 2018 #48
ColdFire
Banned

On a side note ,I found it interesting that the California secede movement is commonly referred to as 'Calexit' on social media.

lol

People come up with the stangest things on stuff like twitter and such.

Old June 5th, 2020 #49
Miguel Dias

Quote:
On a side note ,I found it interesting that the California secede movement is commonly referred to as 'Calexit' on social media.

lol

People come up with the stangest things on stuff like twitter and such.
Nein. No California is Cale. the problem is Roman peace is leaving California.
however not all politicians are traitors!

Old June 1st, 2022 #50
RobertTorres
Banned

I wonder if California is the closest to no regional accent.

You can kind of hear the North East, especially greasy shithole New York.
Someties it can even sound British, that "cross-atlantic" accent like George Plimpton.

I remeber the first time I suddenly noticed that the Beatles sound "normal",
when they're singing, but VERY Britsih when they're talking.
(...and what British accent is that one, Liverpool?)

You can hear the south American drawl obviously.
OOPER midwest sounds like a candien.

Maybe california english sounds "scrubbed",
because its tied to hollywood and media.
The most neutral and widely marketable sound you can use,
which was why the Beatles sung that way.

Old September 8th, 2023 #51
Noel W. Frost
Lying slimy weasel

Quote:
I received some PMs concerning this thread , one of which I didn't answer yet . . . .

Concerning why, if most Euro-Americans are of Irish ancestry, why then the Catholics in the U.S. wouldn't be the majority among Euro-Americans.

As we all know , Ireland is an almost 100 % Catholic country.

One of the reasons Protestants in Northern Ireland are viewed as 'foreign subjects' by the supposed ancient Irish living there.

(the whole conflict Catholic-Protestant in Northern Ireland stems from the fact that Irish Catholics view themselves as the 'ancient Irish' while Protestants are regarded as the progeny of the 'plantation' by the English kings . . .)

Well . .

I don't think in this case religion plays a role.

The majority of Europeans in the USA were Protestant.

Most Euro-Americans may have Irish ancestry, like I said even to the point of language, yet Protestantism has always been the dominant religion in the USA.

In fact many people in the 'New World' back then associated Catholicism with the 'Old Europe' which they detested ( NOT in a racial way , just because of the despots there at that time . )

The Dubliners - Black Velvet Band
Many people with Irish ancestry in America are descended from Scotch-Irish, who were Protestant settlers of Northern Ireland who originated from Scotland. Some of them migrated to the New World.

That is why Irish people get irritated with Americans who come to the old sod, and tell everyone in a Dublin pub that they are "part-Irish". When they can't tell what Catholic parish they were dedicated in, it becomes apparent that either they are or their ancestors were Prods - and it is on!

Me, I've got my parish confirmation info but haven't been to Mass in seven years. If it weren't for my ancestors probably being Scotch-Irish, I might get out of there alive.

Last edited by Noel W. Frost; September 11th, 2023 at 12:14 AM.

Thread