Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 15th, 2010 #1
OTPTT
Banned

Default Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro CF (carbon fiber) pistol.

Just bought one of the new Taurus PT140 (.40S&W) Millennium Pro CF (carbon fiber) pistols today. There aren't but a handful in the country at the moment. Lower is polymer as are the magazines. Slide is carbon fiber except for the barrel, slide rails, and firing pin assembly.

Very light weight as you can imagine. Looking forward to shooting it soon.

Old October 16th, 2010 #2
ray bateson
baппed

By 'carbon fiber' you do mean carbon steel, right? Never heard of it. Besides, the .40 S&W produces too high chamber pressure for CF, and any composite CF/steel slide would cost too much for the price-point of the millennium series. Google queries are dead ends, too. Know what I think? You have a regular steel slide. The "last one in stock" and the "just invented yesterday" are well-known gun dealer's ploys.

EDIT: pbbttttttttttttt... Nevermind. I thought that picture looked weird. Just now clicked it to enlarged size.

You have me intrigued.

Last edited by ray bateson; October 16th, 2010 at 07:38 AM.

Old October 16th, 2010 #3
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray bateson View Post
By 'carbon fiber' you do mean carbon steel, right? Never heard of it. Besides, the .40 S&W produces too high chamber pressure for CF, and any composite CF/steel slide would cost too much for the price-point of the millennium series. Google queries are dead ends, too. Know what I think? You have a regular steel slide. The "last one in stock" and the "just invented yesterday" are well-known gun dealer's ploys.

EDIT: pbbttttttttttttt... Nevermind. I thought that picture looked weird. Just now clicked it to enlarged size.

You have me intrigued.
What's weird about it? Going to the range today. I'll let you know if the slide flies apart while I fire it.

I said it was new and there weren't but about 25 in the country at the moment. I've been asked to do a write up on my experiences with it for Taurus. They will announce the new model within the next couple of weeks. It's not some big trade secret though and they aren't trying to hide a new product.

Check their website over the next couple of weeks for product details. It's apparently a new process they've created to strengthen the carbon fiber to withstand the extremes of the .40S&W.

Several of the alphabet bandit agencies are looking at these as well.

Last edited by OTPTT; October 16th, 2010 at 09:30 AM.

Old October 16th, 2010 #4
ray bateson
baппed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
What's weird about it? Going to the range today. I'll let you know if the slide flies apart while I fire it.
Nuffin...

It's certainly a carbon fiber construction. but the reduced image looked...I don't know...scrunched in the pixels or something at a quick glance. But I retreat.

Thread