Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 19th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default #1 Pets Mentality Thread

For years this poem was in my mind, but couldn't recall where/who. Then I came across it again reading some very old National Reviews. This to me is the mentality of too many pet owners. Not all, but too many.

Pets

by John Nixon, Jr.

The love they could not give to one another
They ultimately forced on quadrupeds --
Poor captive creatures, longing for the wild
But getting love and table scraps. In time,
The dog became a charming thespian.
If tail-wagging and licking hands did not
Denote affection, then what could? Just listen
To that adoring bark. Pure joy. But no
Amount of condescending milk poured out
In fractured saucers could persuade the cat
To view the thing as more than what it was:
Suave slavery. You cannot love your own,
The velvet gait declares. I'll not love you.
 
Old September 20th, 2014 #2
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes
 
William Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Racing Against Time
Posts: 2,300
Blog Entries: 3
William Hyde
Woodpecker

Personally I've always had at least one pet, and I don't think we need to get into undermining animal lovers. I mean Hitler had his dog Blondie, Then there was Dr. Pierce and that magnificent Siamese cat. General Patton had his dog 'Willie'. Even Eva Braun had that cute little black dog. Yes there are the crazy cat ladies, which is unfortunate and obviously sad & bizarre, but pets can be a great joy and asset to many an altruistic human's life. This probably goes back to Cro Magnon or further.

When one visits Germany past or present one of the things that is quite evident is Germans tend to adore their pets, and display great respect for animals and nature. It's all part of being luftmenschen.
__________________
“We’re the slaves of the phony leaders - Breathe the air we have blown you!”
 
Old September 20th, 2014 #3
N.B. Forrest
Senior Member
 
N.B. Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia, CSA
Posts: 11,145
N.B. Forrest
Default

My "porch cat" (as of yesterday my second house cat: I can't have the poor old one-fanged feller freezing again this winter) damn nearly "enslaved" ME....

Cats are incapable of the adoration of dogs, but that doesn't mean they're not affectionate in their own dignified way. Plus, there's no need to worry about a house cat eating the neighbor kid's face.
__________________
"First: Do No Good." - The Hymiecratic Oath

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin
 
Old September 20th, 2014 #4
Breanna
Eternal Glory
 
Breanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,594
Breanna
Default

Usually pets are substitute companions for people who lack the emotional fulfillment that comes from close relationships with other humans. In my life experiences it's been the biggest misfits and social outcasts who were the most obsessed with animals. The "animal lovers" I've known were the ones who had problems getting along with other humans. Our obsession with pets is a sign of modern decadence and people are wasting a huge amount of resources on creatures that exist just to entertain them and make them feel like something loves them. Their loneliness is an excuse to enslave some poor creature. Dogs and cats both usually run away if you leave the door open.

I saw this funny little video:



I believe cats are smarter than dogs. They just do what they want whenever they want and they don't care what you think. I always found dogs kinda annoying because they are way too friendly, begging and whining, too eager to please like mindless slaves. And if they are not that way they are usually scary and dangerous. I've seen a lot of people with "tough" dogs who think that having a certain breed of "tough" dog makes them bad and tough. I used to want a guard dog to protect me but my husband just got an alarm system instead. Way better than a dog, which takes up time and money, and there is no guarantee that the dog will defend you in the case of a home invasion. Dogs are pretty much obsolete now except for a few minor exceptions. In many cases they are a public hazard - biting children, pooping all over public space (hygiene issue), barking loudly (disturbing the peace). Cats are useful because they kill pests but dogs are mostly useless.
__________________
Make your short life immortal.

Last edited by Breanna; September 20th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.
 
Old September 20th, 2014 #5
varg
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,701
varg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Usually pets are substitute companions for people who lack the emotional fulfillment that comes from close relationships with other humans.
There's some truth to that, but what about people with families AND pets? It's not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Our obsession with pets is a sign of modern decadence
People doing things you don't like = 'modern decadence' ? Having a pet isn't destroying society.

Quote:
and people are wasting a huge amount of resources on creatures that exist just to entertain them and make them feel like something loves them.
A lot of people have children simply for this reason. Why do you care so much about what other people do? Are you going to outlaw people having pets?
Quote:
Their loneliness is an excuse to enslave some poor creature. Dogs and cats both usually run away if you leave the door open.
Not true and hyperbole.
Quote:
I believe cats are smarter than dogs. They just do what they want whenever they want and they don't care what you think.I always found dogs kinda annoying because they are way too friendly, begging and whining, too eager to please like mindless slaves.
Quote:
And if they are not that way they are usually scary and dangerous.
Just because you're a girl who's afraid of everything doesn't mean much. So if you were to compare deaths by dogs/cats to deaths by humans, what do you think it would show?

Quote:
I used to want a guard dog to protect me but my husband just got an alarm system instead. Way better than a dog, which takes up time and money, and there is no guarantee that the dog will defend you in the case of a home invasion.
There's a possibility it won't attack to defend you, but there's an absolute 100% guarantee your alarm system won't do anything other than make noise. How is that better?
Quote:
Dogs are pretty much obsolete now except for a few minor exceptions. In many cases they are a public hazard - biting children, pooping all over public space (hygiene issue), barking loudly (disturbing the peace). Cats are useful because they kill pests but dogs are mostly useless.
Your opinion. Pets give companionship to people, whether they already have kids or not doesn't really matter. Your argument is basically just that you don't like animals, and are trying to force some generalities that don't really work.

Last edited by varg; September 20th, 2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: .
 
Old September 20th, 2014 #6
varg
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,701
varg
Default

I don't even understand why some WNs think pet owners are the reason whites have a declining birth rate. It's not. Whites have a declining birthrate in most of Europe and America. It's not like there was a sudden surge in pet ownership that was responsible for that.

Sure a lot of people without children get pets to fill the void, but do you really think they put off having their own children because they say to themselves "I already have a cat/dog and don't need a family of my own" ?

No, they probably get a pet to fill the void after already deciding not to have children. I'm guessing it's usually for lack of opportunity, financial reasons, immaturity, women choosing careers over families, and/or materialism. Also I saw a recent poll that said over 50% of Americans are single up from 37% in the '70s. So I'm sure that plays a bigger role in the declining birth rate than something trivial like pet ownership.
 
Old September 22nd, 2014 #7
robert burns
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 456
robert burns
Default

I have two dogs and one cat, Our dogs live outside unless the weather is extreme so no they will not run away. The pets do not replace my kids and do not mean as much to me. I would put any of them down if terminaly ill or run over but I would not do the same to my kids.

My wife and I both have to work so 3 kids are enough and demand a lot of time, if I did not have to work I would love more kids.

I like dogs more because they are friendlier, they meet me as I pull up every day and seem to be happy to see me. The cat on the other hand could care less unless it wants something.

Oh I almost forgot, we also have fish. Talk about useless!
 
Old September 22nd, 2014 #8
N.B. Forrest
Senior Member
 
N.B. Forrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia, CSA
Posts: 11,145
N.B. Forrest
Default

Quote:
Oh I almost forgot, we also have fish. Talk about useless!
They're doing the best they can....

I like to feed the beautiful koi down at the local chink joint: they have a gumball machine with capsules of fish food (canny slopes): as soon as the fish hear the handle crank, they come a-"running" like cowboys for the dinner bell....

"Three second memory" my ass.
__________________
"First: Do No Good." - The Hymiecratic Oath

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin
 
Old September 22nd, 2014 #9
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes
 
William Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Racing Against Time
Posts: 2,300
Blog Entries: 3
William Hyde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
They're doing the best they can....

I like to feed the beautiful koi down at the local chink joint: they have a gumball machine with capsules of fish food (canny slopes): as soon as the fish hear the handle crank, they come a-"running" like cowboys for the dinner bell....

"Three second memory" my ass.
LoL! ...Made me flash back to that old Nirvana song "Something's in the way" when Cobain (being sardonic) sang "It's ok to eat fish cause they don't have any feelings."

__________________
“We’re the slaves of the phony leaders - Breathe the air we have blown you!”
 
Old October 1st, 2014 #10
Breanna
Eternal Glory
 
Breanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,594
Breanna
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
There's some truth to that, but what about people with families AND pets? It's not mutually exclusive.
I'm not talking about people who get a pet for their children to play with or whatever, I'm talking about people who think they have some sort of deep connection and relationship with an animal. It's incredibly common among modern whites.

Quote:
People doing things you don't like = 'modern decadence' ? Having a pet isn't destroying society.
It isn't a cause of society's destruction, but it is a symptom of it.

Quote:
A lot of people have children simply for this reason. Why do you care so much about what other people do? Are you going to outlaw people having pets?
Not true and hyperbole.
Just because you're a girl who's afraid of everything doesn't mean much. So if you were to compare deaths by dogs/cats to deaths by humans, what do you think it would show?

There's a possibility it won't attack to defend you, but there's an absolute 100% guarantee your alarm system won't do anything other than make noise. How is that better?
Alarm systems have a link that notifies the police of an intruder and sends one out your way. A human police officer is more likely to save my life than a cat or dog is.

Quote:
Your opinion. Pets give companionship to people, whether they already have kids or not doesn't really matter.
This is my original point - pets only exist so that lonely people can have companionship.

Quote:
Your argument is basically just that you don't like animals, and are trying to force some generalities that don't really work.
My argument is that this insane obsession that modern whites have with animals is unhealthy. And it's ridiculous that you think caring about animals is somehow an essential Aryan trait, when it isn't, it's modern sentimentality and a ridiculous overextension of empathy. Considering that our ancient pagan ancestors throughout all of Europe considered ritual slaughter of animals to be the most important aspect of their religious rituals, something that would horrify the "pagans" of today and the hypocritical WNs who are only against it because Jews and Muslims still do it. The only real difference is that Jews and Muslims are unnecessarily cruel, but that's just because Semites are sadistic by nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I don't even understand why some WNs think pet owners are the reason whites have a declining birth rate. It's not. Whites have a declining birthrate in most of Europe and America. It's not like there was a sudden surge in pet ownership that was responsible for that.

Sure a lot of people without children get pets to fill the void, but do you really think they put off having their own children because they say to themselves "I already have a cat/dog and don't need a family of my own" ?

No, they probably get a pet to fill the void after already deciding not to have children. I'm guessing it's usually for lack of opportunity, financial reasons, immaturity, women choosing careers over families, and/or materialism. Also I saw a recent poll that said over 50% of Americans are single up from 37% in the '70s. So I'm sure that plays a bigger role in the declining birth rate than something trivial like pet ownership.
I never said pet ownership was a cause. It is a symptom. But in using animals to fulfill their loneliness, they cause harm to others since it sometimes results in the injury and even death of innocent children.
__________________
Make your short life immortal.

Last edited by Breanna; October 1st, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
 
Old October 12th, 2014 #11
Sean Gruber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,403
Sean Gruber
Default

Always the excuse of people whose barking dogs bark continuously all day and all night: it's a "guard dog." These cretins get to where they don't even hear the continuous barking in their ear, they are so used to it. But it drives their intelligent neighbors insane. Such an indiscriminate barker is useless for warning its owner of danger, of course.

The other excuse is that the continuously barking dog warns criminals to stay away. If this is so, why not get an alarm system and blare the alarm continuously 24/7? (Oops, I don't want to give these morons any ideas.)

Mencken, for one, was seriously disrupted by a continuously barking dog owned by his mentally retarded next door neighbor. It took all kinds of legal actions and personal appeals to get the retard to get rid of the beast. I would have done what I have done on a number of occasions in the past: resorted to shooting or poisoning the public nuisance.

To be fair, sometimes the owner isn't aware that his dog barks literally all the time. Typically such a clueless owner works odd hours, and simply doesn't know that within 3 minutes of his leaving his home the dog begins frantically barking, howling, and beating its body on the door...and keeps this up for 8+ hours straight with breaks lasting only 20 seconds or so, until the moment when it hears its owner returning. The owner isn't aware that Bobo lives in hell all day, as do Bobo's unfortunate neighbors. Shooting would be kinder than putting the dog (and neighbors) through that. Long experience tells me that many dogs are extremely fucked up by their "loving" but stupid owners. But the owners don't really care about the dog for its own sake.

I make no claim that my dispreference for enslaved animals is a philosophical principle. It's only my preference. Where I draw the line is when your Bobo makes it impossible for me to think or sleep by barking its guts out 24/7. When it's either Bobo or me, it's going to be me. What happens to Bobo is your call.
__________________
No jews, just right

Less talk, more action
 
Old October 12th, 2014 #12
Ann2
Marie Antoinette
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 703
Ann2
Default

You should get a kitten, Alex. I bet a kitten would melt even your cold heart. Have you ever had a pet?

I have a dog and a cat. A great, loyal family dog. A few years ago my husband left early one morning. About 5 minutes later I heard the door rattling like someone was coming in. I thought it was my husband coming back in because maybe he forgot something. All of a sudden, my dog started barking and doing that low growl that is a signal to me that something is definitely not right. I ran downstairs and went around to where the door was and my dog was waiting right there still low growling. I peeked out the peep hole, but nobody was there. I'm assuming it was someone trying to break in the house. I believe they didn't come in because of the dog. I feel a lot more safer with my dog than any so called safety a cop could provide.

My cat, on the other hand, owns the dog. My dog is pretty big, but the cat loves to think he's bigger and badder. He'll go right up to the dog and whack at him while the dog is looking down at the car with a WTF look.

Pets are so funny.
 
Old October 12th, 2014 #13
varg
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,701
varg
Default

Most dogs don't bark all day, so your 'enslaved' thing would only apply to the few who are unhappy or neglected. Barking all day is a sign that something is wrong and the owner isn't taking care of it. It's the owners fault not the dogs fault. If the owner can't be around to take care of the dog, and doesn't have someone who can when he's gone, then he shouldn't have got it in the first place.

Quote:
It took all kinds of legal actions and personal appeals to get the retard to get rid of the beast. I would have done what I have done on a number of occasions in the past: resorted to shooting or poisoning the public nuisance.
So you only try to 'appeal' to the person who's responsible, yet you'd try to shoot or poison the innocent dog? Why not be that harsh with person you admitted was ultimately at fault, unless you're only that brave when you're poisoning animals? I guess the owner could've killed you instead so you decided to only 'appeal' to him.

Wow that's practically TNB: raging against things that aren't the cause of their problems. In this case, the owner who neglected their pet is the problem, and the dog barking is just a symptom. Yet you'd rather take it out on the dog. I guess you might have gotten your ass beat if you raged against the owner, so poisoning the dog seemed more safe.

“Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.” ~ Schopenhauer


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post
Always the excuse of people whose barking dogs bark continuously all day and all night: it's a "guard dog." These cretins get to where they don't even hear the continuous barking in their ear, they are so used to it. But it drives their intelligent neighbors insane. Such an indiscriminate barker is useless for warning its owner of danger, of course.

The other excuse is that the continuously barking dog warns criminals to stay away. If this is so, why not get an alarm system and blare the alarm continuously 24/7? (Oops, I don't want to give these morons any ideas.)

Mencken, for one, was seriously disrupted by a continuously barking dog owned by his mentally retarded next door neighbor. It took all kinds of legal actions and personal appeals to get the retard to get rid of the beast. I would have done what I have done on a number of occasions in the past: resorted to shooting or poisoning the public nuisance.

To be fair, sometimes the owner isn't aware that his dog barks literally all the time. Typically such a clueless owner works odd hours, and simply doesn't know that within 3 minutes of his leaving his home the dog begins frantically barking, howling, and beating its body on the door...and keeps this up for 8+ hours straight with breaks lasting only 20 seconds or so, until the moment when it hears its owner returning. The owner isn't aware that Bobo lives in hell all day, as do Bobo's unfortunate neighbors. Shooting would be kinder than putting the dog (and neighbors) through that. Long experience tells me that many dogs are extremely fucked up by their "loving" but stupid owners. But the owners don't really care about the dog for its own sake.

I make no claim that my dispreference for enslaved animals is a philosophical principle. It's only my preference. Where I draw the line is when your Bobo makes it impossible for me to think or sleep by barking its guts out 24/7. When it's either Bobo or me, it's going to be me. What happens to Bobo is your call.

Last edited by varg; October 12th, 2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: .
 
Old October 12th, 2014 #14
varg
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,701
varg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
I'm not talking about people who get a pet for their children to play with or whatever, I'm talking about people who think they have some sort of deep connection and relationship with an animal. It's incredibly common among modern whites.
Why do you worry so much about what other people do? There's no connection between people having pets and not having children, so how someone feels about animals doesn't affect you personally, or whites as a race. Correlation != causation. People put off having children for lack of opportunity, financial reasons, or they're indoctrinated with jewish feminism, not because they have pets already. Finding people without children who also have pets doesn't prove anything. You can probably find more people with families that have pets than those who dont.

Quote:
It isn't a cause of society's destruction, but it is a symptom of it.
How?
Quote:
Alarm systems have a link that notifies the police of an intruder and sends one out your way. A human police officer is more likely to save my life than a cat or dog is.
Yeah because police are well known to be on the scene the moment someone breaks into your house. Someone has too much faith in authority. The same argument people use for gun control too. Considering where you live and its laws, yeah a dog would do way more damage than an alarm system and waiting for the police.
Quote:
This is my original point - pets only exist so that lonely people can have companionship.
They only exist for that reason? If humans didn't exist cats would go extinct? It seems like you think things only have purpose if they influence you in some way, or you write them off as "useless" ... well you don't serve a purpose for me so I guess you shouldn't exist and you're also useless. If you mean people wouldn't make animals pets for any other reason, then so what? Who are you to limit what other people have for companionship?

Quote:
My argument is that this insane obsession that modern whites have with animals is unhealthy.
In what way? People's obsession with being PC and appeasing blacks and jews is unhealthy. People having pets is inconsequential. The only argument that would be unhealthy is if whites put off having children because they prefer to have animals instead. No one has made any attempt at actually proving this. People having pets has nothing to do with their ability to have children or even their decision in not having them.

Quote:
Considering that our ancient pagan ancestors throughout all of Europe considered ritual slaughter of animals to be the most important aspect of their religious rituals,
Proof? Or prove that because it's "ancient" that it's a good thing.

Quote:
I never said pet ownership was a cause. It is a symptom. But in using animals to fulfill their loneliness, they cause harm to others since it sometimes results in the injury and even death of innocent children.
Your entire argument revolves around being a neurotic woman who thinks cats and dogs are going to eat her babies. A lot more things kill children than animals.

Last edited by varg; October 12th, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
 
Old October 12th, 2014 #15
varg
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,701
varg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
For years this poem was in my mind, but couldn't recall where/who. Then I came across it again reading some very old National Reviews. This to me is the mentality of too many pet owners. Not all, but too many.
Your view on people with pets sort of sounds like it flies in the face of your views on freedom and against regulation. In what way does peoples view on pets influence you personally or whites as a race. People who do drugs? "Let them do what they want, who are we to interfere?" People who own pets? "This is their odd/degenerate (implied) mentality:" Do you really think this is what has an impact on the white birthrate? What problems does it cause anyone, other than the rare cases where people neglect their animals and they make noise all day? That's not even really the fault of the animal, more that the owner couldn't deal with the responsibilities of taking care of a pet. It's like blaming a baby for crying instead of the parent neglecting it.

Quote:
The love they could not give to one another
They ultimately forced on quadrupeds --

...

To view the thing as more than what it was:
Suave slavery. You cannot love your own,
The velvet gait declares. I'll not love you.
False dilemma: "you can either love a pet or you love your own- they're mutually exclusive."

I agree that there's a small % of people who think their pets are their actual babies, and they're deranged, but I think they're usually compensation for not having children (after the fact). I'm sure most of those people would actually rather have had children. Even so, it doesn't really cause anyone else problems and those types are so small in numbers it's barely even worth mentioning.

Quote:
Poor captive creatures, longing for the wild
If dogs are 'captive' or enslaved, then why did they adapt the traits that allowed them to be domesticated by humans? They did so because it's more beneficial for them to live with humans than to live in the wild.

Last edited by varg; October 12th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
 
Old October 17th, 2014 #16
Breanna
Eternal Glory
 
Breanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,594
Breanna
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Most dogs don't bark all day,
Try living in a suburban area and you will take back that statement lol!

Quote:
So you only try to 'appeal' to the person who's responsible, yet you'd try to shoot or poison the innocent dog? Why not be that harsh with person you admitted was ultimately at fault, unless you're only that brave when you're poisoning animals? I guess the owner could've killed you instead so you decided to only 'appeal' to him.
Because physically attacking a human could bring about legal charges whereas killing a dog is legal in some areas (in some parts of America for example it is legal to kill a dog for being on your property).

Quote:
Wow that's practically TNB: raging against things that aren't the cause of their problems. In this case, the owner who neglected their pet is the problem, and the dog barking is just a symptom. Yet you'd rather take it out on the dog. I guess you might have gotten your ass beat if you raged against the owner, so poisoning the dog seemed more safe.
In most cases speaking to the owner does nothing. Most pet owners don't care how their animals affect other people. If my experiences mean anything, most animal lovers don't even like people.

Quote:
“Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.” ~ Schopenhauer
So because a philosopher said so makes it true? Why do I have to follow his morality? Is everything philosophers say true? Schopenhauer also said that women are ugly, must everyone believe that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Why do you worry so much about what other people do?
Because people's decisions affect people other than themselves. We live in a society. The greater good for the society is more important than individual's feelings.

Quote:
Proof? Or prove that because it's "ancient" that it's a good thing.
"The central ritual act in ancient Greece was animal sacrifice, especially of oxen, goats, and sheep. Sacrifices took place within the sanctuary, usually at an altar in front of the temple, with the assembled participants consuming the entrails and meat of the victim."

"He also talks about the importance of animal sacrifice and fertility to the druids. They “bring thither two white bulls, the horns of which are bound then for the first time. Clad in a white robe the priest ascends the tree, and cuts the mistletoe with a golden sickle, which is received by others in a white cloak. They then immolate the victims" while offering prayers, wrote Pliny the Elder."

"As in Iron Age religion in general, an important part of Germanic paganism was animal sacrifice. Adam of Bremen stated that at the temple of Uppsala in Sweden:The sacrifice is like this: Of all the living beings that are male, nine head are offered; by whose blood it is the custom to appease the gods. Their bodies, however, are hung in a grove which is beside the temple. The grove is so sacred to the heathen that the individual trees in it are believed to be holy because of the death or putrefaction of the sacrifical victims. There, even dogs and horses dangle beside people, their bodies hanging jumbled together.[21]

Among the Alemanni of the 6th century, animal sacrifice by means of decapitation seems to have played an important role; according to the testimony of Agathias of Myrina, writing in the context of the Gothic War (535–554),

« They worship certain trees, the waters of rivers, hills and mountain valleys, in whose honour they sacrifice horses, cattle and countless other animals by beheading them, and imagine that they are performing an act of piety thereby. »"

"The Roman Equus October ceremony involved:[3]
the horse was dedicated to Mars, the Roman god of war
the sacrifice took place on the Ides of October, but through ritual reuse was used in a spring festival (the Parilia)
two-horse chariot races determined the victim, which was the right-hand horse of the winning team
the horse is dismembered: the tail (cauda, possibly a euphemism for the penis) is taken to the Regia, the king's residence, while two factions battle for possession of the head as a talisman for the coming year"

"The Norse ceremony according to the description in Hervarar saga of the Swedish inauguration of Blot-Sweyn, the last or next to last pagan Germanic king, c. 1080:
the horse is dismembered for eating
the blood is sprinkled on the sacred tree at Uppsala."

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grlg/hd_grlg.htm
http://www.livescience.com/45727-druids.html
http://books.google.ca/books?id=Q_yO...age&q=&f=false
http://books.google.ca/books?id=Lq70...page&q&f=false
http://books.google.ca/books?id=GCcw...page&q&f=false
http://books.google.ca/books?id=pRDq...page&q&f=false
http://books.google.ca/books?id=yfZZ...age&q=&f=false

I never said that it being ancient makes it a good thing. I said that it being an ancient practice of our Aryan ancestors is proof that loving animals isn't intrinsic to the Aryan soul like some WN try to say.

Quote:
Your entire argument revolves around being a neurotic woman who thinks cats and dogs are going to eat her babies. A lot more things kill children than animals.


It isn't neuroticism, it actually does happen and it is a tragedy. No child deserves to get bitten by a dog. Did you know that dog bites are the second most common cause of emergency room visits for children? A child is far more likely to be bitten by a dog than to hurt themselves on the playground or get attacked by a nonwhite. Baby walkers are banned where I live, but they are far less dangerous than dogs. I personally know a woman whose little blond child was killed by a neighbour's dog. The life of that one child was worth more than the life of every dog on earth. We have to filter all things through the view of "what is best for children?" They are the future of our people, and we have to protect them when they are young and vulnerable. There are so few of them. When we are all dead and gone, they will be all that's left.



"Nearly 4.5 million Americans are bitten by dogs each year, half of these are children.1 One in five dog bites results in injuries serious enough to require medical attention.1
Why be concerned about dog bites?
About 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year.1
Almost one in five of those who are bitten, about 885,000, require medical attention for dog bite-related injuries; half of these are children.1
In 2012, more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by dogs.2
Who is at risk?
Children: Among children, the rate of dog bite–related injuries is highest for those ages 5 to 9 years, and children are more likely than adults to receive medical attention for dog bites.3
Adult Males: Male adults are more likely than female adults to be bitten.1
People with dogs in their homes: Among children and adults, having a dog in the household is associated with a higher incidence of dog bites. As the number of dogs in the home increases, so does the incidence of dog bites. Adults with two or more dogs in the household are five times more likely to be bitten than those living without dogs at home.1"

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/dog-bites/





__________________
Make your short life immortal.
 
Old November 26th, 2014 #17
bigpimpin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 32
bigpimpin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post
Always the excuse of people whose barking dogs bark continuously all day and all night: it's a "guard dog." These cretins get to where they don't even hear the continuous barking in their ear, they are so used to it. But it drives their intelligent neighbors insane.
 
Old June 14th, 2017 #18
Alex Linder
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 45,338
Blog Entries: 34
Alex Linder
Default

Boy, if you want to get rich these days, get into dog services. I live near such a place, it is chock full of activity. Even poor people pay ridiculous amounts of money (I guess) to board, groom, train, service their dogs. I get having a pet, that's ok. But these people treat these animals like they're kings. It's insane. I'm not talking rich people, I'm talking average and poor people.
 
Old June 14th, 2017 #19
Robbie Key
Senior Member
 
Robbie Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,902
Robbie Key
Default

I don't get people's infatuation with dogs, generally. The one thing that has made me sure of never getting one is the fact that you have to pick up their shit. Both disgusting and humiliating. No way I am going to do that. I always cringe when I see people doing that out in the public.

I guess they're useful as guardians or whatever, though. Beyond that, I'd much rather have a cat. They're a whole lot more interesting to observe IMO. Plus they kill rats and other vermin.
 
Old June 14th, 2017 #20
Squarehead Chris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Crawlin' from the wreckage
Posts: 1,951
Squarehead Chris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Boy, if you want to get rich these days, get into dog services. I live near such a place, it is chock full of activity. Even poor people pay ridiculous amounts of money (I guess) to board, groom, train, service their dogs. I get having a pet, that's ok. But these people treat these animals like they're kings. It's insane. I'm not talking rich people, I'm talking average and poor people.
On this subject, I know a guy who was the manager of a lumber yard in the richy rich SF bay area. He was making pretty good money at his job with good bennies and all that. The last time I saw him he told me that he had quit his job at the lumber yard to become a full time dog walker. He told me he now makes anywhere from two hundred to three hundred and fifty a day and that most of his customers pay in cash, so he gets to keep most of it tax free.
Not too bad for four legged baby sitting.

Last edited by Squarehead Chris; June 14th, 2017 at 06:43 PM.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.
Page generated in 0.17617 seconds.