Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Political Solution: A Nation Befitting White Men > Whiteness Studies
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old August 24th, 2013 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default The White Disease: Believing They Can Fix, Help, Cure Anything - and -- most important -- Ignoring Evidence to Contrary

NYC Engineer Wants to Help Homeless Man With Software Coding Classes
By JOANNA STERN | Good Morning America – 21 hours ago

Patrick McConlogue is a lot like the many others working in the New York tech scene. Every morning, he walks to work, passing a few homeless people on the streets, and then spends the rest of his day at a computer, writing software code for a 35-person startup.

But the 23-year-old engineer didn't think those two parts of his day had to stay separate. Earlier this week, he made an offer to one of those homeless men.

"I walk by a homeless guy every day on the way to work and I get this feeling every day that he is a smart guy -- he has books and he writes," McConlogue told ABC News. "I was trying to think of a way to engage him and help him."

McConlogue approached Leo, a 36-year man who lives on the streets of lower Manhattan, on Thursday and gave him two options.

The first was $100 in cash.

"I figured that was enough for a ticket some place or a few meals, if that's what he wanted," McConlogue said.

The second option on the table was a laptop, three JavaScript books and two months of coding instruction from McConlogue.

After hearing the offer, Leo, who McConlogue described as very articulate and gifted, especially in on the topic of environmental issues, decided to take the coding option.

"I want to spread knowledge and information about climate change and global warming," Leo told ABC News in a phone interview facilitated by McConlogue.

Soon, McConlogue will deliver him a Samsung Chromebook with 3G connectivity, three JavaScript books, a solar charger for the laptop and something to conceal the laptop in. He will spend an hour before work every morning teaching him the basics of software coding.

McConlogue began documenting his plans to help Leo on the blogging platform Medium earlier this week and has seen a mix of reactions.

The technology community, in particular, was critical of his first post, which was titled, "Finding the unjustly homeless, and teaching them to code." Many commenters criticized McConlogue for using the word "unjust," which he admitted was a poor word choice.

Still, some writers heavily criticized McConlogue's effort beyond that.

Techcrunch editor-in-chief Alexia Tsotsis said McConlogue was "tone-deaf" and that his plan demonstrated "a profound cluelessness about poverty and the disenfranchised."

Slate's Matthew Yglesias argued that housing, not coding, is the first step in fixing homelessness.

Then, Slate's Will Oremus called him a "naive techie."

But along with the critics, there were those who supported his effort. More than 1,200 people have liked the "Journeyman" Facebook page McConlogue has set up about the project and he said he has even heard from some previously homeless individuals who see the effort as useful.

Leo himself, who is aware of the online chatter, said that he is understanding of the criticism. "It's America, people have the right to have their opinions," he said. "It's the Internet, people have the right to post what they want. I agree to disagree." When asked about housing Leo said that he thought "housing was great for people who want to be put in housing, for people who want and need it."

Ultimately, McConlogue says he is offering what he can right now to help.

"Being able to code will help him do some of the things he wants to do," McConlogue said. "The negative feedback is that you should give him housing and food. My thought is that technology will do a better job connecting him, in the long term, to what he wants."

McConlogue plans to keep blogging about the experience on Medium and Leo himself will write the next post. He said he doesn't have plans to do anything with the larger homeless community at this point, however.

"I've tried to build products for the many before, but I wonder if this new generation is building projects for the power of one," he said. "I am going to do a really good job with this guy. I will learn from him, maybe even more than he learns from me."

http://gma.yahoo.com/nyc-engineer-wa...opstories.html

[endgame: this nigger will murder or steal shit or bum a bunch of money off this white fool, and...if he's still alive at the end of their relationship, the white fool will make excuses for the nigger]

Old August 24th, 2013 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Whites have comparatively high IQs and off-the-charts creativity. These are good things, right? Wrong. They are good and bad things.

Whites are not just better at coming up with great and useful ideas, they are world-beaters at coming up with crazy and destructive ideas. How could it be otherwise? Good and bad don't exist, they're just labels we put on things according to our preference.

But it wouldn't matter. Except for one thing. Too many whites cut the feedback loop. They don't allow reality, or any of its facets - history, data, experience, even personal experience - to prove them wrong. Often this stubbornness, this hubris, costs them their lives. Which wouldn't matter, except their asinine and destructive unwillingness to face facts is praised by others, and all too often institutionalized. So that one man's character defect becomes a breeder for inducing insanity in others who wouldn't come by it naturally.

Genius or high ability plus unwillingness or inability to face facts is an incredibly dangerous combination. Not just for individuals, but for society. One is tempted to think that, in the end, the white race may well have proved simply too smart and creative for its own good, dying in the labyrinth of its own hubris. As Eastwood said, "A man's got to know his limitations." That goes for races, too.

Old August 24th, 2013 #3
varg

Default Found this online

Old August 24th, 2013 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
His invention would help whites as well as the others. By my argument, the one who would be guilty would be the guy who brough Borlaug's superior grains to Africa in order to keep foster additional teeming millions of useless niggers. I mean, Borlaug would sort of qualify if his intent were to save niggers, rather than simply produce better grain. Any technical development or improvement could be used by any race, so that can't be the problem itself.

Old August 24th, 2013 #5
HardHawk
Banned

What a fucking lamoyio.

So from all the people in USA to help, he decided to help a negro.

Is this the whites we are trying to awaken?

Old August 24th, 2013 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

What McClueless may not know is that about 90% of homeless have/are at least one of these:

- serious character problem (called mental illness, usually)
- drug addicted
- drunk

People are the way they are for a reason, and usually a very good reason. You might find some good people living on the street because they like it, but the vast, vast majority are fucked up in one or multiple ways.

Old August 24th, 2013 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHawk View Post
What a fucking lamoyio.

So from all the people in USA to help, he decided to help a negro.

Is this the whites we are trying to awaken?
There are tens of millions of whites like this guy, and their type controls the cops, media and politics. That's why it's so hard for whites to do anything. Virtually everybody in the American elite thinks the way this fool does. It would be one thing if they let white normals get away from their craziness, but they don't. That's what "civil rights" laws are - they force these niggers into our communities, knowing that they will cause problems. But the problems are never reported on, it's all and always about giving blacks new chances, new opportunities. Which they never make use of because they're too dumb, and because their problems are caused by their racial character. But stupid whites, because they are raised on a spiritual diet of christian universalism, believe everybody is equal in potential, and it is immoral to make general observations about people, or place them into classes.

Old August 24th, 2013 #8
Marcus
Banned

Watch this video. You won't regret it. (Warning: some graphic content.)

Thread