VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 23rd, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Tuberculosis

[Old disease eradicated from U.S. makes a comeback as jews open border to third-world scum. Note the particularly ridiculous headline. Invaders aren't bearing a burden, they're spreading a nasty disease among U.S. natives. The editors of the jew-owned paper don't put it like that because they oppose whatever is good for the Whites who built the America they're trying to do away with.]

U.S. Immigrants Bearing More of the TB Burden

By Amanda Gardner
HealthDay Reporter
Tuesday, July 22, 2008; 12:00 AM

TUESDAY, July 22 (HealthDay News) -- In 2006, 57 percent of all tuberculosis cases in the United State were among foreign-born individuals and, as time passes, that population is under increased threat from the disease, a new study warns.

Between 1993 and 2006, the total number of cases of TB in the United States decreased by 45 percent -- from more than 25,000 to less than 14,000. However, that decline occurred primarily among people born in the United States, note researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"The number of cases among U.S. born individuals has been reduced by 66 percent whereas, among the foreign-born population, during the same period, the numberincreasedby 5 percent, thus widening the disparity between the two groups," said study author Dr. Kevin P. Cain. His report appears in the July 23/30 issue of theJournal of the American Medical Association.
ad_icon

Needless to say, experts are anxious to find ways to control and eliminate the disease. Testing the more than 37 million foreign-born individuals currently living in the United States isn't feasible, so officials are focusing their efforts on peoplebeforethey immigrate.

In the study, Cain's team reviewed 46,970 cases of TB among foreign-born individuals in the United States. They discovered that an immigrant's risk for TB was highest during the early years after first arriving in the United States, varied with age (older people had a higher risk), and also varied by country of birth.

"We found that over 50 percent of all cases of TB among foreign-born persons occurred among 20 percent of the overall foreign-born populations, especially persons born mainly in Southeast Asia [particularly the Philippines and Vietnam] and sub-Saharan Africa," said Cain, a medical epidemiologist with the division of tuberculosis elimination at the CDC. "This is actually quite helpful because it means you can try to prevent as many case as possible by focusing your efforts on the highest-risk population," he said.

Also, adding a sputum culture test (actually growing TB in culture) to the standard sputum smear (looking at sputum under a microscope) would have prevented the importation of about 250 cases of TB a year (there are about 7,000 TB cases among foreign-born persons annually in the United States).

"This is a nice, balanced study that gives a good perspective about what we could do potentially to reduce the incidence of TB in the U.S.," said Jeffrey Cirillo, an associate professor of microbial and molecular pathogenesis at Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, in College Station. "This is focusing us in the right direction."

Still, Cain acknowledged, "That is a relatively small piece of the overall problem, so clearly more needs to be done."

According to Cirillo, one-third of the world's population is infected with TB and a person dies from the respiratory illness every 15 to 20 seconds. Nine million people become infected with the TB bacterium each year, and 2 million die.

"We recognize national borders but microbes, including TB, don't," Cain said. "As long as TB is out of control globally, as it is, this will be a problem in the U.S. If you breathe, you're at risk for TB. This can affect anyone."

A second paper in the same issue ofJAMAexplored the difficulty of tackling TB in vulnerable, HIV-positive populations in "resource-limited" areas of the world.

The authors, from the University of California, San Francisco, proposed several strategies, including intensified efforts to identify HIV-positive patients with TB; treating individuals with active TB; making the antibacterial drug isoniazid and antiretroviral therapy more available; implementing TB infection control; and making sure health-care workers record and report TB cases.

More information

For more on tuberculosis, head to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

SOURCES: Kevin P. Cain, M.D., medical epidemiologist, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta; Jeffrey Cirillo, Ph.D., associate professor, microbial and molecular pathogenesis, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, College Station; July 23/30, 2008,Journal of the American Medical Association

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...072201956.html

Old July 23rd, 2008 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

CDC's FAQ on TB these days

http://www.cdc.gov/tb/faqs/default.htm

Old July 24th, 2008 #3
Brian Stone
Supreme Allied Commander

God that was just a pile of crap. There is probably no better area in life where the absurdity and adverse consequences of the Diversity Religion shows itself than medicine.

This little subhead takes the cake for dishonesty:
Quote:
"U.S. Immigrants Bearing More of the TB Burden"
A more honest headline would read, "U.S. bearing more of TB burden due to immigrants."

And this is just as bad:

Quote:
"We recognize national borders but microbes, including TB, don't," Cain said. "As long as TB is out of control globally, as it is, this will be a problem in the U.S. If you breathe, you're at risk for TB. This can affect anyone."
Of course, a time honored principle of medicine in treating disease is containment: Physical separation between infected groups and non-infected groups. But these days that would be discrimination, so we have to pretend somehow the microbes sneak across the border on their own, without their human vectors.

One dirty little secret that no one talks about is the fact that a lot of the superbugs coming out of the third world are a direct result of stupid do-gooder policies that oversubscribe antibiotics en-mass to huge swaths of population groups.

There is very little if any individualized medicine in these countries so medical personnel go in and figure they will just do a generalized push as a way of saving the most people. They figure that will all the diseases, parasites and other maladies, they can't go too far wrong.

As for the the in country "doctors," they are often little better than juju men in western drag, though western medical personnel will often make a show of "consulting" them.

So, while residents of First World countries are being lectured constantly on the dangers of improper antibiotic dosing (a valid concern), at the same time the third world is being carpet bombed with antibiotic treatments.

This happens in the worst possible way because there is very little if any follow up or control. This is how superbugs are created.

This madness is funded by various western NGOs, Foundations and church groups all looking to buy themselves a little ego boost and a bit of salvation by lavishly spending their donors money on these misdirected efforts.

And finally, after all that damages is done, they bring these creatures into our country and then burble about how "immigrants are bearing the greatest BURDEN of the TB problem."

I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in the Land of the Crazy People.

-Brian

Do something positive for White Nationalism. Start your own business. Go to http://www.ThirtyDayChallenge.com for a basic primer.

Old July 25th, 2008 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

You summed it up. Like to put on a hazmat suit and bring a dozen of these noble burden-bearers into the WP editorial offices, let them cough on David Broder and the rest of the semito-nobs.

Old August 6th, 2008 #5
Susan

I don't know if I'm being overly optimistic or not, but my county newspaper seems to have had something of an epiphany when it comes to telling the "truth" lately. The editor still likes to run pics of three or four (mixture of Whites, asians, spics, and niggers) races all acting as if they are just having one helluva time together, but the crime articles have taken on a surprisingly realistic tone and appearance.

I don't know why. I'd like to (humbly) think that maybe my conversations I've had with the editor over the past several years where I have pulled no punches in telling him what I think of the stories he runs or how he slants them, have had some good effect.

If that is possible, then it is evidence that one person can make a difference.

Then again maybe its just that finally the sheer overwhelming numbers of crimes committed by non Whites against Whites just couldn't be ignored anymore. Could it possibly be? The editor's last name is Cline and I'm sure he's a jew. Could it be that even he can't ignore the facts anymore.

Of course, it could also be that he wants to keep his newspaper going and if he wants to keep Whites as subscribers, he will have to tell the truth about multiculturalism and diversity, at least some of the time.

I don't know but I just know that something has subtly changed. Oh, and the reason I posted to begin with was that my paper did run an article about TB making a comeback and the headline was at least truthful: It stated that the surge in county TB cases was directly linked to the number of mexican immigrants coming into our county. The thrust was that they were responsible for the surge in TB cases, not just that they were bearing an unfair **sniff sniff** burden.

I was most pleasantly surprised to read that.

Old August 6th, 2008 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

That's good, Susan. It certainly can't hurt to talk to them. I think there's value in doing local blogs. If they are done daily, they will be read. KT reporting actually helped shut down a fag bar, according to the owner as quoted in the college paper. One other thing - we ran a story on all the funky food freaks from the seven sewers were bringing into America, a portion of which was being seized by wildlife control. This same piece was discussed on local radio, and I think about 50-50 they encountered it first on KT rather than on the wire. You never really know how the things you do ramify, some degree of faith is involved. I can tell you that the better and more frequently a thing is done, the greater effect it will have. Very few things are done well and frequently. Too much work.

Old January 25th, 2009 #8
alphadog94

interesting info about Tuberculosis can be found here Tuberculosis facts

Thread