VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 14th, 2009 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Random Blog Posts of Interest

The Final Stage of Globalization For Amerikwa
I was deer hunting many decades ago and stopped at the top of a long trail in the deep woods of Virginia to catch my breath, having climbed a couple hundred feet of altitude in a few minutes. I leaned against a big sturdy looking old tree a few stories tall.

No sooner had I touched it than it crumbled under my hand to reveal a nearly hollow core. Termites had eaten everything but the outer skin, just enough of a shell to keep it standing up. They must have been working at it for decades before I walked up to it and rested against it.

The entire tree gave out a groan, collapsed on one side and poured out a ton of dust and rotten pulp as it toppled over and crashed in the woods with an enormous bang. There had been nothing at all to it. A light touch had ended it all in a few seconds.

To anybody walking through those woods, that tree would have looked as solid as cast iron and monolithic. Yet in a single moment it ceased to exist after what might have been centuries of growth. It had died long, long ago. Long ago. Only the shell remained and when that gave out it was reduced to debris in the woods that even the insects were no longer interested in eating.

I figure the 'Kwa was at the end of it's life cycle in 1963 when I was born. They shot Kennedy a couple months after I came into the world. To people who didn't know any better, many people thought it was as robust as ever. Somehow when I was a young boy, I truly believe my Asperger's gave me the perception to know something was wrong from the time I learned to walk. I always had a feeling. I always knew something wasn't quite right. I knew that the appearance of things and the consensus on things was not synchronized with the reality of things. I knew my world was hollow. I knew it was being eaten out by termites. I knew I was living inside a doomed shell. The Asperger's always gave me an edge, an ability to discriminate very fine shades of meaning and to perceive things with great subtlety, to look more closely than other people and to see that hidden corruption inside. I could never quite convey it to others or really explain it. I always knew it was coming. I always knew it. I could feel it ... like the strange sound an empty gourd makes when you tap on it. I knew the tree had died long, long ago. This isn't the sort of thing you can explain to an ordinary person. They wouldn't understand. They never grasp anything beyond appearances. It's in their design specifications to only apprehend things by the way they appear topically on their fragile surface. It's not given to them to look closer ... to see the truth of things in the deeper sense. They can't do it. That's why television is so useful to keep them distracted.
Posted by Texas Arcane at 5:53:00 AM
3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting story, but with such insight, why do you fear so much?

This blog is like a shrine of doom.

You expect civilization to be an eternal tree, that is always growing, always strong, but this is not how nature works.

Old trees die, but with their death, new life springs forth.

This is the solution to existence - death and rebirth, ying and yang. The key of infinity.
April 9, 2009 7:19 PM
zwick said...

The hollowed-out tree imagery is perfect. Right now people are fooled when they look out the window of their home or workplace and see America. All they see is the facade of once was, or what they hope still is. Hope is dangerous and it kills as mercilessly as a bullet. Hope that somehow, someway, "things will work out", that positive thinking is what's needed. Hope and positive thinking has led millions passively to their death. Just because McD's is open and the tv works and the stores are open, well now, things can't be that bad, right? What a shock is going to hit the sheeple. When it finally and conclusively hits them that TPTB don't give a shit about them and haven't for a long time. They bet the wrong horse and worshiped a false God.
April 9, 2009 8:47 PM
Texas Arcane said...

Anon 7:19

... because fear and dread are also important, vital components in human existence right alongside the other emotions. They are survival emotions designed to keep you alive. The oldest of all human emotions is fear and it is also the most critical for avoiding the extinction that has claimed 99.99999999999% of all the other species that have ever existed.

You think Oprah Winfrey and new age blather about rejecting fear are valid against billions of years of continuous trial-and-error R&D for life forms. Oprah is a fifty year old unmarried childless lesbian who was dead a long, long time ago. Of course she'd tell you that fear is a "negative" (?!?!) emotion. She has no future, for her it would be.

If you're still kicking, fear can be one of the best motivators you can have in life. Sometimes when I get really depressed, fear is the emotion that puts the color back in my cheeks, gets me off my ass and back to preparations with gusto.

I can't recommend fear highly enough. It's the thinking man's emotion.
April 10, 2009 9:14 PM

http://vault-co.blogspot.com/2009/04...ation-for.html

Thread