Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 16th, 2019 #1
Wyte_Fyte

Default OSTARA magazine

Hello I am seeking to have the following translated from the old German frakturscrift. I'm not sure where to post this.
I have contacted a major WN publisher who stated he would be willing to sell and publish the work if it could be translated into English. Perhaps even a German translation would be adequate. See below:
OSTARA magazine

https://mega.nz/#!3iokEKKB!4dEEaFB55...cZUic6jDmFc4gE

page count: ~1,000 (95 issues of ~11 pages each)

Old October 16th, 2019 #2
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyte_Fyte View Post
Hello I am seeking to have the following translated from the old German frakturscrift.
When you say "seeking" does that mean you're seeking to have the translation done for free? Or is this a job offer that you're willing to pay for? Now, I'm not a translator but I do know that the average going rate is 12 cents per word for translation services. Multiplied by a thousand pages, that's going to cost you plenty. Is the publisher (Arktos, perhaps?) willing to pay the translation fees? If not, it sounds like they're expecting you to do all the work and pay for all the cost and then they step in and do the easy part. Because if you pay for the translation fees yourself you'd be better off publishing for free via Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyte_Fyte View Post
page count: ~1,000 (95 issues of ~11 pages each)

Old October 18th, 2019 #3
Wyte_Fyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
When you say "seeking" does that mean you're seeking to have the translation done for free? Or is this a job offer that you're willing to pay for? Now, I'm not a translator but I do know that the average going rate is 12 cents per word for translation services. Multiplied by a thousand pages, that's going to cost you plenty. Is the publisher (Arktos, perhaps?) willing to pay the translation fees? If not, it sounds like they're expecting you to do all the work and pay for all the cost and then they step in and do the easy part. Because if you pay for the translation fees yourself you'd be better off publishing for free via Amazon.

Hello. Yes I understand that it is costly. I am simply putting out the information in hopes people will facilitate its translation, at the very least they can preserve the magazine by saving it and spreading it around. I contacted Arthur Kemp of Ostarapublications and he stated he would sell it but of course noone thus far has had a willingness to ante up. I also contacted Stephen Flowers of the U of Texas at Austin and he wanted either 25k or 250k fro its translation which he stated he would delegate to 'his' translators. He also seemed contemptuous of von Liebenfels. So far no dice with either funding or translations.

Tags
natsoc, odinism, ostara, von liebenfels

Thread