Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 27th, 2018 #1
steven clark

Default The Darkest Hour

This is the new movie about Winston Churchill. Starring Gary Oldman, who gives a very convincing portrayal of Winnie, the movie captures the period in 1940 after the loss of Norway and the impending crisis at Dunkirk, showing Churchill take over the government from Neville Chamberlain.

The film shows Winnie in the round. He is sarcastic, drinks, smokes, seems to growl instead of speak, and he rouses England to take on Hitler, unlike Halifax and Chamberlain, who want to try for a negotiated settlement. The movie looks great and has excellent photography, and captures a certain moment in Churchill's life, when he took over as prime minister. Efforts are made to show his human side in dealing with Clementine, his wife, and a young stenographer.

It's mentioned Churchill is disliked. Also, he was responsible for the Norway disaster, and that his father died of syphillis.

Historically the movie is on the mark, although there are minor flaws.
Operation Dynamo, the code word for the Dunkirk evacuation, wasn't named after a fan but a generator.

The film has gotten raves, especially the talk show circuit. it should, since, in many ways. Churchill is the Nelson Mandela of the cuckservatives. I enjoyed the film, although one point did offend me. The movie has been compared with LIncoln, in that it shows Churchill at one decisive point in his life. Also, as in Lincoln, there is a lot of nigger-loving. Lincoln began with black soldiers smashing Confederate troops, and they are also used to intimidate Confederate negotiators.
In The Darkest Hour, there is an odd scene on the underground, which Churchill takes to get to know the common people. He gets lost (not inaccurate…he did take the tube in 1926 and got hopelessly lost, never taking it again), and gets into a car. The common people urge him to keep fighting, and there is a black man on board. The camera keeps on him. Also, he sits across from a white woman, and their eye contact makes it clear they have a relationship…she touches him, urges him on. Churchill is having trouble remembering a couplet in a poem by Macauley called Horatius:
'And how can a man die better/Then facing fearful odds/ For the ashes of his fathers/ And the temples of his gods
Churchill has trouble with it, and the black finishes the poem for Winnie…really.
It was the I-almost-walked-out-moment, but I stayed with it for VNN's sake.
The blatant nigger worship is really over the top. Note how the black guy is almost in every frame of Churchill in the car…they just will not let up. THEY WILL NOT LET UP.
It's here where i wonder if this is director Joe Wright's idea, or if he was ordered to put in a black or else.
Also, note in this movie, like Dunkirk, the Germans are never human…they're faceless, indistinct invaders, like aliens from space. This is like Dunkirk in that the Germans are not allowed to be human. At least in movies like The Longest Day or A Bridge Too Far, we saw war from the German side. Not here.
Also, it might be good to compare Halifax's worry, that Britain couldn't afford a war, and would be bankrupted, as opposed to Churchill's fighting no matter what.
I found it a very well-made movie, and certainly keeps up the iconography of the holy WWII.

Old January 28th, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

Circa 2050 when niggers and other muds completely take over Britain (with kikes actually in charge) and Meghan Markley is the Queen, and history books and electronic media revised by the Ministry of Truth, this fat drunken shitbag Churchill will be transformed into and portrayed as an actual nigger like Nelson Mandela or Marchin' Lootin' Coon. Hitler will be portrayed as the actual devil with a goatee to go with his mustache and carrying a pitchfork which he will impale poor innocent jews with as he tosses them alive into the furnaces at Auschwitz.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old January 29th, 2018 #3
Susan

Steven, don't waste your time or money going to see movies, especially just for the sake of reviewing them for your fellow vnners. They aren't going to waste their time or money supporting hollywood. You know this.

My advice would be if you just really want to see some movies, wait until they come out on video and get them from some place like Goodwill for a couple bucks.

Sadly, but honestly, there isn't one single movie I can find to go see in all of metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. Not one. Someone gave me a $25.00 movie card for Xmas, but I will be selling it when I need some money.

Watch old movies like most of us do. Surely, you haven't seen all the great ones.

Thread