Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Music
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: Zeppelin or The Stones -- who's the all-time #1?
Led Zeppelin 59 80.82%
The Rolling Stones 15 20.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 22nd, 2005 #41
Butcherbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone
Och.

The Stones made more memorable, lasting tunes than Teh Zeppelin ever did. That's the point, which is obvious.
‘Stair Way to Heaven’ ring a bell? I think that might be the most memorable rock song ever.

The Stones are good and catchy, but I think Zeppelin is more talented and I prefer their music. However, in my book Pink Floyd beats both of these bands.

Old December 22nd, 2005 #42
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Somethings not right about those two"
-John Lennon to Paul McCartney after seeing Jagger & Richards in bed together-
I doubt the authenticity/context of that statement. It's well known that Lennon used to get his fag freak on with Beatle's manager (jew) brian epstein.

Old December 22nd, 2005 #43
Action Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin
I doubt the authenticity/context of that statement. It's well known that Lennon used to get his fag freak on with Beatle's manager (jew) brian epstein.
I did read it somewhere, dunno if it was true. There have been pleanty of rumors...

http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1967/jaggerbk.htm

Quote:
Because it is a history of Mick Jagger from his childhood to present day, it is also a record of the creation and rise of the Rolling Stones. Inseparatable to Mick is, of course, Keith Richards, and a complete history of him is included. What would be of special interest to readers is the many references to Mick's crossdressing and transgenderedness. Although Mick, Keith, and Brian Jones (the 'Stones' who was later found mysteriously dead in his swimming pool) were bisexual right from the start, it was Mick who also liked to transvest. The bisexuality started when the three boys shared a sparse flat in England, where they had to feed the heater with coins. Being so poor back then, they often couldn't afford it, and so, would spend entire days snuggled in bed together to keep warm. Even in these days Mick would be teased by the other two, who called him the "queen" of the house, because he liked to wear green eyeshadow and feminine clothing.

Mick steadily progressed in his crossdressing, and took to wearing more and more makeup, on and off stage. Finally, he reached the point where he was wearing what was termed "full female makeup". He once intercepted a custom stage outfit that was created by a top designer and really meant for Sammy Davis Jr. (not sure about Sammy's reasons for wanting it... that could be a whole other story.). The outfit came to be known as "the white party dress"

Old December 22nd, 2005 #44
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcherbird
‘Stair Way to Heaven’ ring a bell? I think that might be the most memorable rock song ever.
It might be. "Satisfaction" might be, too. "Johnny B. Goode" would also be a great guess.
Quote:
The Stones are good and catchy, but I think Zeppelin is more talented and I prefer their music. However, in my book Pink Floyd beats both of these bands.
It's all about preference, but the Stones were very talented in all three of their line-ups. Very solid. Everything aside, Jagger/Richards were the best R&R songwriters ever, over the longest period.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #45
DJ_Zarathustra

Zeppelin's "The Crunge" contains one of the best musical jokes ever recorded, in the dialogue at the end:

"Have you seen the bridge?"
"I ain't seen the bridge!"
"Where's that confounded bridge?"

Matchless British wit. No American musician could have done that. It went right over the heads of most kids who heard it, including myself.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #46
Cowan Huberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Zarathustra
Zeppelin's "The Crunge" contains one of the best musical jokes ever recorded, in the dialogue at the end:

"Have you seen the bridge?"
"I ain't seen the bridge!"
"Where's that confounded bridge?"

Matchless British wit. No American musician could have done that. It went right over the heads of most kids who heard it, including myself.
Goofing on what is essentially a James Brown parody,no less...

White Power!

Old December 23rd, 2005 #47
westernalliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelhaken
I do! It pops up here from time to time actually. You're not shocking anyone. Who doesn't know Jagger is, or at least was, a bonesmuggling degenerate?

Never heard the one about Jagger and Richards in bed together though. Good grief.

It is a known fact that David Bowie and Jagger were gay for each other. They even recorded albums with each other when they were fagging each other.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #48
westernalliance

All time #1 Zep has to be in ur top ten all the time. Stones, not necessarily.

As far as Aryan stuff goes, what about Metallica? They are mostly straight up Germans.

They protested the Communist stealing of music back when it was unpopular to do so in the Napster days.

Their guitarist is a spic, but it's almost funny how they shove him off to the side for decades, he's like their bitch.

They should never have dropped their original guitarist, who went and formed Megadeth. Feel kind of sorry for him actually.

Rent "Some Kind of Monster"
Hetfield has beautiful blonde kids, Ulrich's hardcore German dad...it's a cool movie about Aryan creativity.

Granted, they suck now, but...entertained millons of pissed off whites for decades, with pretty much NO nigger influenced music.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #49
Cowan Huberty

Quote:
Another bomb dropped. I think Rob Halford of Judas Priest might be queer also.
That's funny. Though,not admitting he was a fag until 1998,actually Halford "outed" himself in a song in 1977. "Raw Deal" on SIN AFTER SIN. It's really vile if you read the lyrics.

White Power!

Old December 23rd, 2005 #50
Cowan Huberty

Quote:

Still, best pop singer of all time for me. Probably because he was trained operatically. Eight octave range. In his prime, peerless.
Yeah..even though Rob was a meatgrinder,he was/is the "Metal God" and rivalled by very few and in his prime (76-82) was nothing short of incredible. STAINED CLASS being my favorite Priest album

White Power!

Old December 23rd, 2005 #51
Live Free
Terry Phillips

For me, its definately Led Zep. The musicianship, the production values, all were just the best. I also liked the sheer varity of musical types the band produced. Also, they were the absolute masters of the art of lyrics. From the raunch of:
The Lemon Song
--------------
I should have quit you a long time ago
Ooh-whoa, yeah, yeah, long time ago
I wouldn't be here, my children
down on this killin' floor

I should have listened, baby, a-to my second mind
Oh, I should have listened, baby, to my second ma-ah-hah-ah-ind
Everytime I go away and leave ya, darlin'
a-send me the blues, rain down the line, no

Hey, yeah-yeah-yeah, keep up, yeah, oh, yeah

Babe-yeahh, yeah, treat me right, baby
Ooh-whoa, whoa-whoa, my, my, my, my-hah
Now, take it down a little bit
People tell me baby can't be satisfied-a
Try to worry me, b-ba-baby
but I'd never end up guilt-chewin' myself
People worry, baby, can't keep you satisfied
Huh, let me tell ya, babe
Ah, you ain't nothin' but a nn-two-bit, no-good jive

I went to sleep last night, I work as hard as I can-a
I bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man
I should have quit you, baby-a, oh, such a long time ago-ho
I wouldn't be here with all my troubles
nn-down on this killin' floor

Squeeze me, babe, 'till the juice runs down my leg
Do, squeeze, squeeze me, baby, until the juice runs down my leg
The way you squeeze my lemon-a
I'm gonna fall right outta bed, 'ed, 'ed, bed, yeah

Yeah
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Juice, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Hey, babe, babe, babe, babe, oh, oh
No, no, now, now
I'm gonna leave my children down on this killin' floor

to the sublimity of:The Battle of Evermore
----------------------
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom
and walked the night alone
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light
The Dark Lord rides in force tonight
and time will tell us haw-all
Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, rest not to lock your home
Side by side, we await the might of the darkest of them all
Oh-ooh-whoa, ooh-whoa-oh-oh

I hear the horses' thunder down in the valley below
I'm waitin' for the angels of Avalon
Waitin' for the eastern glow

The apples of the valley hold the seeds of happiness
The ground is rich from tender care
Repay, do not forget, no, no
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light
The apples turn to brown and black, the tyrant's face is red
Ho, now/Oh, war is the common cry, pick up your swords and fly
The sky is filled with good and bad mortals never know
Now, oh-ho, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahh/Oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh-ooh-oh-oh

Oh, well, the night is long, the beads of time pass slow
Tired eyes on the sunrise, waitin' for the eastern glow

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath
The drums will shake the castle wall
The Ringwraiths ride in black, ride on
Oh, sing as you raise your bow/Ride on
Shoot straighter than before
No comfort has the fire at night that lights the face so cold
Dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light
The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back
Bring it back

At last, the sun is shining, the clouds of blue roll by
A-with flames from the dragon of darkness
The sunlight blinds his eyes, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-oh-ho, ooh, ooh-ooh, aaah/oooh-ooh-ooh-uh-uhh

Bring it back, bring it back, a-bring it back, bring it back
Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, bring it back
Oh, now, oh, now, oh, now, oh, oh, now, oh, now, oh, now
Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, a-bring it back
Whoa, now, oh, now, oh, now, oh, whoa, now, oh, now, oh, now
Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it
Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it
Bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it

I know of no other band who covered their art like Zep.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #52
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Free
For me, its definately Led Zep. The musicianship, the production values, all were just the best. I also liked the sheer varity of musical types the band produced. Also, they were the absolute masters of the art of lyrics. From the raunch of:
The Lemon Song
--------------
I should have quit you a long time ago
Ooh-whoa, yeah, yeah, long time ago
I wouldn't be here, my children
down on this killin' floor
Credit raunch to Robert Johnson for the "you can squeeze my lemon till
Juice run down my leg" lyric---"Traveling Riverside Blues". Credit to a lot of black bluesmen for many of Zep's blues tunes.

At least the Stones admitted to copying them up front.

Quote:
to the sublimity of:The Battle of Evermore
----------------------
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom
and walked the night alone
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing 'till the mornin' light
The Dark Lord rides in force tonight
Very nice. It's hardly rock and roll, though.

Old December 26th, 2005 #53
VicVega

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernalliance
As far as Aryan stuff goes, what about Metallica? They are mostly straight up Germans.
Nobody in that band is German. Ulrich was born in Denmark and came to the States when he was 10, Hetfield's family originated in Arkansas and are most likely Scots/Irish-Anglo/Saxon. Former members Mustaine and Burton are obviously Irish-Americans, Newsted with that name and being from MI is probably some kind of Scandanavian.

Quote:
They protested the Communist stealing of music back when it was unpopular to do so in the Napster days.
That's technology, has nothing to do with communists. It's nice Metallica can be the RIAA's bitches and they are being handsomely rewarded for their servitude all the while other artists on average get less than 5% profits on their individual cd sales (about 25cents), whilst the Jewish controlled RIAA makes billions upon billions.

Quote:
Their guitarist is a spic, but it's almost funny how they shove him off to the side for decades, he's like their bitch.
He's part Mexican which technically would make him a wetback (he's also part Philipino and Irish), wetbacks I always thought were for Mexican/Central/South American Indian types and spics for Puerto Rican mulatos/negroids. The term spic started in NYC and along the East Coast, wetback was used for the Mexicans along the Southern border.

Quote:
They should never have dropped their original guitarist, who went and formed Megadeth. Feel kind of sorry for him actually.
Actually their original guitarist was Les Grant, a black Jamaican! He played on their first demo.

Quote:
Rent "Some Kind of Monster"
Hetfield has beautiful blonde kids, Ulrich's hardcore German dad...it's a cool movie about Aryan creativity.
Who cares what color hair his kids have? Ulrich's dad again is Danish and is actually a rather left-leaning hippy type, that's why the family relocated to San Francisco...I don't think Lars is particularly political though. As far as Aryan creativity, besides the fact half of the creators aren't Aryan to begin with, St. Anger was the biggest pile of shit this side of...oh I don't know the Load albums!

Old December 27th, 2005 #54
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

It looks like the Lads got out-voted by 3 to 1 on this poll by the Aryan fantasy geeks. No matter!

The Rolling Stones still are the bestest rock and roll band ever, backed up by my x-pert commentary, plain sense of hearing and great taste.

I'm just surprised so many people paid attention to this thread....

Rock and Roll!

*too bad Bill Wyman quit. He'll be 70 next year. LOL.

Old December 27th, 2005 #55
Cthulhu

So where does Eminem fit into all of this? I think it sad to criticise one white boy for dancing with the nigger when other white boys of previous generations get kudos for dancing with the nigger.

De gustibus non est disputandum?

"Mick Jagger, white nigger." -- Sex Pistols, The Great Rock n' Roll Swindle

Old December 28th, 2005 #56
VicVega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu
So where does Eminem fit into all of this? I think it sad to criticise one white boy for dancing with the nigger when other white boys of previous generations get kudos for dancing with the nigger.

De gustibus non est disputandum?

Eminem's different, he's in a genre that's overwhelmingly black. His "music" endorses criminal activity and sexual promiscuitiy. He's influencing kids to act like negros, be ashamed of their culture, and artistically he's just pure shit.

Old December 28th, 2005 #57
Cthulhu

I thought Blues and R&B was overwhelmingly black at one stage. Then a group of British lads began listening to Bo Diddly and other nigroids hoot and holler, started hooting and hollering themselves and then sent it back to America wrapped in a white box. Now are you complaining because they just cut out the middle men?

"De gustibus non est disputandum"?

'His "music" endorses criminal activity and sexual promiscuitiy.'
Yeah, and the Stones didn't, don't.

'He's influencing kids to act like negros, be ashamed of their culture, and artistically he's just pure shit.'
I thought Elvis had left the building. Again, all charges that can be leveled at the Stones.

Old December 28th, 2005 #58
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

Quote:
So where does Eminem fit into all of this?
He doesn't.
Quote:
I think it sad to criticise one white boy for dancing with the nigger when other white boys of previous generations get kudos for dancing with the nigger.
They all did, including Led Zeppelin. At least the old bands still acted white when not copying the negros. Eminem is a wigger by choice or design, or both. The hip-hop rubbish he put out never justified his dancing partners.
Quote:
The Sex Pistols. LOL. The Sex Pistols. They were a curiosity for a few years. Like a traffic accident.

Old December 28th, 2005 #59
Cthulhu

Well I'm not going to debate on the different merits of your favorite whiggers as opposed to someone elses. Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Kids pick up on that, hypocrisy. Some dude goes on about how the music they are listening to is whigger nigger music and then later they find him listening to some blues or R&B. What are they to think? That is right. He is full of shit.

Old December 28th, 2005 #60
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

Quote:
Well I'm not going to debate on the different merits of your favorite whiggers as opposed to someone elses.
That's what this thread is all about!
Quote:
Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Kids pick up on that, hypocrisy. Some dude goes on about how the music they are listening to is whigger nigger music and then later they find him listening to some blues or R&B. What are they to think? That is right. He is full of shit.
Look, if you can't tell the difference between Zeppelin and the Stones vs Eminem, your posting to the wrong thread. The colored music has been integrated into popular music for one hell of a long time. All rock derives in some way from it, and much of the OLD colored jazz, blues and R&B was very good. The white rockers took it and made it into their own sound. Who was the best at it is the point of this argument.

Watch your kids closely, is all I can tell you.

Thread