VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th, 2008 #10
Hal Turner
Free Thinking Radio Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcur View Post
Well, I'd say your stat counter is pretty accurate, iot reveals that you've had approximately twice the traffic that my wee lil blog has received. Then again, I have a blog, you've a big bad website. I pay nothing for my space, how much does yours cost? You claim to be losing $1,000.00 a month. I've lost nothing. Is losing $1,000 a month worth reaching "twice" as many people as I reach for free?

Oh yeah, my stat counter began the day I started this particular blog, which was seven months ago, January 1, 2008.

Hal, as big as your mouth and ego are, you ought to have ten million visitors in the same amount of time.
Ahhh, your ignorance remains as bright as ever. The reason my site cost $619 a month is because I needed the one gigabit per second connection to feed the thousand or so SIMULTANEOUS listeners to my radio show while still having my site available, still having the sties I hosted available and to have more capacity than the channers could use-up with their dos attacks.

At the height of their attacks, they were only able to generate 650 megabits per second which, at the old data center, instantly overwhelmed my one hundred megabit per second connection.

By moving my server to the new data center and paying the extra money, the dos attacks failed to disrupt my shows ever again.

I just accounted for $619 of my monthly expenses, now the rest:

Four inbound business phone lines from Vonage at $49 per month each: Add another $200 per month.

Dual outbound cable modems to be able to switch IP's if attacked during a show: $125 per month.

Back-up DSL line which I got after a thunder storm took out the cable modems one night: $49 a month.

Add it up. $993 a month . . . . . . before software upgrades, licensing fees, music licensing fees to use "Call Me" as my theme music and other main stream tunes as bumper music. $993 a month before technical problems or hardware failures. $993 a month before repairing the machine from the two hacker attacks that required complete rebuilds of the machine and extensive technical work to prevent future hacks.

Who's the "bitch" now?

Thread