VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 15th, 2022 #1
Taliesen
Banned

Default Tell Your US Senators to Vote NO on Background Checks

I just sent both my US senators this message, urging them to Vote NO on Background Checks. I encourage you to do the same. You may copy and paste this message, modifying it to your state and circumstances. (You can find your senators' email addresses on this complete list of senators by state: https://www.senate.gov/senators/ )

Dear Senator Collins,

Responsible Mainers want freedom for all and we expect our public servants to honor their oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, particularly the Second Amendment. S.529 - Background Check Expansion Act is unconstitutional (violating the "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" clause of the Second Amendment), and voting for it contravenes your oath to uphold the Constitution.

By almost every measure, background checks have been an extraordinary failure. Every year, states and municipalities pass more anti-Second Amendment laws (there are almost 30,000 of them in effect to date) and yet crime rates continue to climb. When there were almost no restrictions on guns, there was a corresponding lack of gun crime, so anti-gun laws are not the answer. A better solution--as documentary filmmaker Michael Moore pointed-out in his popular film, BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE--would be for the establishment media (including government) to stop sowing the seeds of division and hostility in people, in pursuit of global governance.

Please vote NO on Background Checks which would reduce the hard won freedoms of Mainers and all Americans.

Thank you for taking action.

Very truly yours,

Russell James

Old June 17th, 2022 #2
Taliesen
Banned

Default Senator Susan Collins's Reply to Asking Her to Vote No on Background Checks

This is the reply I from Senator Collins.

Thread