Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 22nd, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default The Wild West


Many people have a fascination for the 'Wild West' or American West as it's also called of the 19th century. .

I can understand that. .

It was a point in Caucasian history where people were 'free to make their fortune' , had 'adventure' and so on . .

Apart from that it was a time of lawlessness in the sense that people could be autonomous ( I admit , to the point of dueling each other ) . .

The state wasn't so strict back then . .

The fascination for the American West is present everywhere . .

Well , not all details may be correct , in retrospect ,as it is often painted today . .

For example , cowboys , in the word's truest meaning , weren't the "heroes" they are portrayed as ( cowboy was a profession of people having to look after the cattle ) . . The fact that "cowboys" per se are associated with the American West is because they were the "truest" "Wild Westerners" . . And it is a hardly known fact that the cowboy in the American West was often even black or Mexican . . ( that profession brought it with itself . .) . .

Anyway . . I hear some towns / villages in the U.S. still hold up an "American West"-mentality . .

Also , concerning race , it was quite a "racist" time against non-Europeans . . .

It was also a change in culture in the U.S. . . while in the beginning ( the time of the Founding Fathers ) the language of the U.S.A. must still have been a British English , from 1800 on , due to many Irish settling there the language pronouncuation must have changed from a 'British English' to pronounciation similar as in Ireland . .

Example of British english . .


. . example of Irish pronounciation . .


. . .

The American Western culture drew hard on Irish customs . . 'Hillbillies' , drinking Whiskey , dancing reel for example . .




Well . . times changed . .

. . today the American West is history . .

But it shall forever stand as a fascinating epoch of Caucasian history . .

From the life-circumstances it may have been pretty 'back to basics' but it sure was a great epoch . .


Today it is viewed with fascination everywhere . . .

The 'pushing westward of the frontier' was ended in about 1900 . .

'Urbanization' began . .

But the spirit of the American West still lives on . .


Yee-hawww . .! !

from Germany
 
Old April 22nd, 2019 #2
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 9,969
Ray Allan
Default

Even Hitler had a fascination for the Wild West as shown by his liking of Karl May's novels.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old May 2nd, 2019 #3
Ray Allan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 9,969
Ray Allan
Default

Had to include this.


Of course, The Wild, Wild West was more fantasy than anything historically accurate. But I still thought it was a fun show, Jim West was sort of like James Bond in the 19th century.
__________________
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor
 
Old May 3rd, 2019 #4
Sartt
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: planet filled with brainwashed fools
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
rawhide intro

Many people have a fascination for the 'Wild West' or American West as it's also called of the 19th century. .

I can understand that. .

It was a point in Caucasian history where people were 'free to make their fortune' , had 'adventure' and so on . .

Apart from that it was a time of lawlessness in the sense that people could be autonomous ( I admit , to the point of dueling each other ) . .

The state wasn't so strict back then . .

The fascination for the American West is present everywhere . .

Well , not all details may be correct , in retrospect ,as it is often painted today . .

For example , cowboys , in the word's truest meaning , weren't the "heroes" they are portrayed as ( cowboy was a profession of people having to look after the cattle ) . . The fact that "cowboys" per se are associated with the American West is because they were the "truest" "Wild Westerners" . . And it is a hardly known fact that the cowboy in the American West was often even black or Mexican . . ( that profession brought it with itself . .) . .

Anyway . . I hear some towns / villages in the U.S. still hold up an "American West"-mentality . .

Also , concerning race , it was quite a "racist" time against non-Europeans . . .

It was also a change in culture in the U.S. . . while in the beginning ( the time of the Founding Fathers ) the language of the U.S.A. must still have been a British English , from 1800 on , due to many Irish settling there the language pronouncuation must have changed from a 'British English' to pronounciation similar as in Ireland . .

Example of British english . .

Star Wars: deleted scene "Jedi temple analysis room"

. . example of Irish pronounciation . .

The Dubliners - Come And Join The British Army

. . .

The American Western culture drew hard on Irish customs . . 'Hillbillies' , drinking Whiskey , dancing reel for example . .




Well . . times changed . .

. . today the American West is history . .

But it shall forever stand as a fascinating epoch of Caucasian history . .

From the life-circumstances it may have been pretty 'back to basics' but it sure was a great epoch . .

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Theme • Ennio Morricone

Today it is viewed with fascination everywhere . . .

The 'pushing westward of the frontier' was ended in about 1900 . .

'Urbanization' began . .

But the spirit of the American West still lives on . .

Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe (Official Music Video) [HD] - RednexMusic com

Yee-hawww . .! !

from Germany
"It was a point in Caucasian history where people were 'free to make their fortune' , had 'adventure' and so on . . "

Sugarcoating at its finest. So you ignore the whorehouses, gangs, theft, rapes, murder, starvation, rampant drug use, and further destruction of Native American peoples.
 
Old May 3rd, 2019 #5
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartt View Post
. . .

So you ignore the whorehouses, gangs, theft, rapes, murder, starvation, rampant drug use . .
One could think you had just described a black ghetto . .

. . projecting at its finest

Sartt . . you truly are one .

For those who don't know , Sartt is a blackie . .

Oh , and don't accuse me of 'sugarcoating' :

 
Old May 3rd, 2019 #6
Sartt
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: planet filled with brainwashed fools
Posts: 542
Default

Oh trust me, i know a great deal about the " wild west " You know Cocaine was in just about everything, right Meth, Cocaine, Heroin, i mean it was in in Coca Cola. I have some of this stuff in a back yard in another state with the ingredients. Of course the stuff is in glass jars i will never touch let alone open.


https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-todays-i...ines-510258499

Oh and look at the skin color of the wild wests outlaws. White.
 
Old May 4th, 2019 #7
Gladiatrix
Senior Member
 
Gladiatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a dystopian nightmare
Posts: 2,468
Gladiatrix
Default Westerns

I have never been a fan of "westerns" movies, except the movie they called the anti-western. Redford was cute. There you have it.


As for rawhide.

__________________
Political correctness is oppression disguised as good manners.
 
Old May 4th, 2019 #8
Sartt
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: planet filled with brainwashed fools
Posts: 542
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
One could think you had just described a black ghetto . .

. . projecting at its finest

Sartt . . you truly are one .

For those who don't know , Sartt is a blackie . .

Oh , and don't accuse me of 'sugarcoating' :

The Lightning Seeds - Sugar Coated Iceberg
lol somehow my comment i replied got deleted.
 
Old October 25th, 2019 #9
Jack Dillenburger
American Badass
 
Jack Dillenburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 152
Jack Dillenburger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Even Hitler had a fascination for the Wild West as shown by his liking of Karl May's novels.
Karl May made the wild west known/prominent in Germany. And even in all of Europe for that matter since his novels were translated into many other languages.
 
Old October 25th, 2019 #10
Jack Dillenburger
American Badass
 
Jack Dillenburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 152
Jack Dillenburger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
The American Western culture drew hard on Irish customs . . 'Hillbillies' , drinking Whiskey , dancing reel for example . .
Hmm. Whiskey was drunk all across the British Isles at that time though, not just Ireland
 
Old October 25th, 2019 #11
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dillenburger View Post
Hmm. Whiskey was drunk all across the British Isles at that time though, not just Ireland
But the Irish were very in favour of it . .

The number one liquor-beverage in old England was Gin , not whiskey . . https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=551528

. . oh , and one thing I forgot in my listing above . . Playing banjo

 
Old November 6th, 2019 #12
Jack Dillenburger
American Badass
 
Jack Dillenburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 152
Jack Dillenburger
Default

^ ^
Have to admit, that Irish Folk track you gave sounds pretty similar to Country & Western
 
Old November 6th, 2019 #13
Jack Dillenburger
American Badass
 
Jack Dillenburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 152
Jack Dillenburger
Default

One question though...
You say the Irish had one of the biggest influences on the USA.

Why is it then that Potestantism is/was the major religion among Americans?
The Irish are arch-catholic
 
Old November 6th, 2019 #14
ColdFire
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bremen ,Germany
Posts: 2,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dillenburger View Post
One question though...
You say the Irish had one of the biggest influences on the USA.

Why is it then that Potestantism is/was the major religion among Americans?
The Irish are arch-catholic
Different reasons . .

First of all , there might have been Protestants in Ireland who sought to leave.

Second ,already the largely British ( in this case I make a distinction between British and Irish ) settlers imported a form of Protestantism . .

Third , THE largest group of Euro-settlers into USA though were Germans . . probably also largely Protestant..

Of course ,the Irish are arch catholic but in this case the original idea behind the USA I suppose still had a bearing.

The U.S.-settlers wanted to break away from 'the old Europe' and of course that also included holding allegiance to the Pope in Rome ( i. e. the 'forces of the old Europe') . .

Ireland , gotta say , at that time was one of the poorest states in Europe . .

Of course they sought to seek their fortune in 'the new world' . . .

Apart from that they were often 'bullied' , in a way , by their neighbour Great Britain.

Like I said , American English today is based on Irish pronounciation. And the whole American Western style 'drinking whiskey , playing banjo etc' was based on Irish customs . . .

The original settlers to the U.S.A. in the beginning might have been British in contrast to Irish ,later the Irish had their influence . .

But like I said , today , over the course of time , most Euro-Americans are of German heritage.

- - - -

. . what today remains of Euro-heritage in the multicultural USA though , that is . .
 
Old November 6th, 2019 #15
T.Garrett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 5,877
T.Garrett
Talking whiskey and banjos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Different reasons . .

First of all , there might have been Protestants in Ireland who sought to leave.

Second ,already the largely British ( in this case I make a distinction between British and Irish ) settlers imported a form of Protestantism . .

Third , THE largest group of Euro-settlers into USA though were Germans . . probably also largely Protestant..

Of course ,the Irish are arch catholic but in this case the original idea behind the USA I suppose still had a bearing.

The U.S.-settlers wanted to break away from 'the old Europe' and of course that also included holding allegiance to the Pope in Rome ( i. e. the 'forces of the old Europe') . .

Ireland , gotta say , at that time was one of the poorest states in Europe . .

Of course they sought to seek their fortune in 'the new world' . . .

Apart from that they were often 'bullied' , in a way , by their neighbour Great Britain.

Like I said , American English today is based on Irish pronounciation. And the whole American Western style 'drinking whiskey , playing banjo etc' was based on Irish customs . . .

The original settlers to the U.S.A. in the beginning might have been British in contrast to Irish ,later the Irish had their influence . .

But like I said , today , over the course of time , most Euro-Americans are of German heritage.

- - - -

. . what today remains of Euro-heritage in the multicultural USA though , that is . .
I would say Protestant Scots, who to outsiders are almost indistinguishable from their Celtic cousins the Irish had more influence on 'American English' and the 'American Western style' than the potato niggers who really didn't come from Ireland to the US until about 1840 or so.

And itz spelled 'whisky' not 'whiskey' ...jus sayin.
 
Old November 6th, 2019 #16
Hugh Akston
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
And itz spelled 'whisky' not 'whiskey' ...jus sayin.
It depends on who's doing the spelling, as this excerpt explains:

Quote:
"The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms."
And as these two whisky/whiskey ads demonstrate. So either spelling is correct.

 
Old November 6th, 2019 #17
Hugh Akston
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 553
Default

Even if most of it is fictional hyperbole (as portrayed in TV and movie Westerns) the true "hero" of the American West that's embedded in the American psyche isn't the "cowboy" per se, but the gunfighter. And of that category, there is the "bad gunfighter" and the "good gunfighter". They were the true Kings of the West, the "knight errant" who roamed the hinterland seeking his fortune.

 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.
Page generated in 0.13728 seconds.