VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 22nd, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Scientology Thread

[i dont defend Scientology, but notice how a mainstream publication is perfectly comfortable writing against it. how about a similar article on judaism and Big Jew? You'll never see it. Except from 'extremists' on the 'fringe.' One reason jewsmedia like to attack Scientology is that it's anti-pharmaceutical and anti-psychiatry - it threatens their profit centers]

http://www.cracked.com/article_20869...htmare_p2.html

Old June 7th, 2014 #2
Nikolas Waldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[i dont defend Scientology, but notice how a mainstream publication is perfectly comfortable writing against it. how about a similar article on judaism and Big Jew? You'll never see it. Except from 'extremists' on the 'fringe.' One reason jewsmedia like to attack Scientology is that it's anti-pharmaceutical and anti-psychiatry - it threatens their profit centers]

http://www.cracked.com/article_20869...htmare_p2.html
Here's the difference. Scientology isn't just a religion, it's a single church which is extremely corrupt.
Judaism, on the other hand, isn't just one organization, it's a religion. So while one Jewish temple can be just as corrupt as the Church of Scientology, there may also be many Jewish temples that aren't corrupt.

Granted, maybe there should be more scrutiny over how screwed up various parts of the Torah and Talmud are. Same goes for the Bible and Koran, which are just as bad.
However, few religious people actually follow their own insane religions. Most pick and choose the parts they want. So it's still different than criticizing an actual organization like Scientology.

Old June 7th, 2014 #3
notmenomore

Many of Yahweh's own are most comfortable with the Scientology belief system. It seems that the Scientology belief system has no problems with this factoid.

Old April 11th, 2015 #4
Harlan M.

Default Going Clear

I never knew anything about Scientology, til I saw the new HBO documentary "Going Clear". It's basically a UFO cult, founded by a sci-fi author. I noticed all the leadership are Caucasians, and there are only a token number of non-Caucasian members in the congregation.

Old September 7th, 2016 #5
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Hey, with brainy celebs such as Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley, and John Travolta as firm believers in this, whatever the fuck you want to call it, how can you people possibly ridicule scientology?

Old September 7th, 2016 #6
Crowe

Scientology is pretty damn nutty. But when comparing it to other religions, its not exactly setting the nutty bar any higher than religions that have been established for hundreds, or thousands of years.

I view Scientology as more of a fad that the Liberal elite take part in, something akin to a social club. I don't think it'll be something that stands the test of time. It's not appealing to the regular masses.

Old March 28th, 2020 #7
Chris Harrison

I'm familiar with the religion it is actually far more sensible than the "classic" religions and takes logic into account. Those who attack probably only heard what the heebz wanted them to hear. I've seen both sides.

If there is one thing I'm sure of it is that if the MSM heavily attacks it, there's probably some truth or good in it. Not to mention they are the only organization to ever overcome the IRS.. that is worthy of commend in itself.

Celebrities are actually pretty low on the hierarchy of the entertainment industry, but it still surprises me that so many of them are still relevant despite their support of Scntlgy even though it is a minority of the lot.

Old August 27th, 2022 #8
Mark Lejohn

Newbie here. I agree mostly with Chris Harrison, L Ron Hubbard’s book Dianetics made a lot of sense as to how the mind works. When he decided to make it into a religion with Scientology it got a little weirder. L Ron Hubbard predicted it would be somewhat of a ‘Darwinist’ religion in that the people with money to pay the people helping them with the religion (called ‘processing’) would be at the upper tiers and people without money would get endebted to it.

Thread