VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 5th, 2010 #1
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Default Why the Taliban is Successful

Was listening to an Australian professor interviewed about Afghanistan. He was surprisingly to-the-point.

Question: Why does the Taliban retain such a following among the Afghanis? (paraphrased)

Answer: Because they're not corrupt and they provide justice to the population. (quoted almost verbatim)

Old October 5th, 2010 #2
Nick Collings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
they're not corrupt and they provide justice to the population.
I suppose this is also why they wouldn't get much support outside their own people.

Old October 5th, 2010 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Collings View Post
I suppose this is also why they wouldn't get much support outside their own people.
I'm going out on a limb and guess that the Taliban don't much care whom the average Alabama corn farmer, or Fiji Islander supports. Yep! I'm guessing that the Taliban are content to have the support of the majority of the Afghan people.

Mike

Old October 6th, 2010 #4
Serbian

Quote:
Why the Taliban is Successful
Because they mean what they say and they are willing to kill and die for it.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old October 7th, 2010 #5
Simo Häyhä

I sure hope they succeed in driving out the zionist occupational forces in their land.

Old October 7th, 2010 #6
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Was listening to an Australian professor interviewed about Afghanistan. He was surprisingly to-the-point.

Question: Why does the Taliban retain such a following among the Afghanis? (paraphrased)

Answer: Because they're not corrupt and they provide justice to the population. (quoted almost verbatim)
Yeah right. This sort of professor was supporting the Viet Cong, with the same argument, a few decades ago.

Old October 7th, 2010 #7
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Yeah right. This sort of professor was supporting the Viet Cong, with the same argument, a few decades ago.

Well they did put a stop to heroin production and punished criminals with beheadings. This showed that they were men of action who got results, and this produced respect/fear.
Of course when zog came in the drug production resumed, along with all other types of criminality. I think that for a bunch of primitive shitskins like the Afghans the Taliban is perfect, you could not ask for a better group to be in charge.

Old October 7th, 2010 #8
szm

The Taliban have kind of morphed into Pashtun nationalists. Alot of their logistical support comes not only from the Pashtun within Afghanistan but also from their ethnic kinsmen across the border in Pakistan.

The conflict in Afghanistan is basically an ethnic one with the Tajik/Hazara "Northern Alliance" fighting the Pashtun dominated Taliban.

Old October 7th, 2010 #9
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by szm View Post
The Taliban have kind of morphed into Pashtun nationalists. Alot of their logistical support comes not only from the Pashtun within Afghanistan but also from their ethnic kinsmen across the border in Pakistan.

The conflict in Afghanistan is basically an ethnic one with the Tajik/Hazara "Northern Alliance" fighting the Pashtun dominated Taliban.
Exactly.

The Pashtun population in Pakistan is also openly hostile to the ZOG in Islamabad.

Old November 10th, 2010 #10
William North
Banned

Well, the Talibans led an islamist-totalitarian freaking towelhead regime.

But okay, they kicked the faggots, and they destroyed the heroin production, and killed anyone invovled in that freaking business.

On the otherhand they destroyed ancient Buddah statues. They even prohibited music.. And made some other shit.

But they did become a pain in the ass for ZOG . But now again it seems that ZOG have the upperhand in that region. The question is can we continue to rely on the Talibans, or rather what´s left of that movement. Inddeed they got support from radical islamist and other abadabas.......

I know there are those saying that the Talibans essentially was an ethnic movement, getting most support from the Pashtuns.

Thread