VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 2nd, 2012 #661
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin King View Post
I've used the word "deities" as you can see. Never said they are the same kind of deities as the Christians' deities. But they are still deities.
Y'do realise there are hundreds and hundreds of different branches of paganism, don't you? Some may believe in "deities" or "gods" but many don't.

By all means continue to slap Akins for his belief in the official 9/11 story but all I'm saying is that you're wrong to claim all pagans believe in mythical beings.

Old November 2nd, 2012 #662
Robin King
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Y'do realise there are hundreds and hundreds of different branches of paganism, don't you? Some may believe in "deities" or "gods" but many don't.

By all means continue to slap Akins for his belief in the official 9/11 story but all I'm saying is that you're wrong to claim all pagans believe in mythical beings.
The point once again is not whether they all believe in mythical beings or even the same things. The point is that they have beliefs—certain tenets of their religion which they are expected to believe on faith alone.

The point is that pagans are religionists.

And believing in a religion, Akins insists, is irrational.

See his cartoon:

Old November 2nd, 2012 #663
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:

My point too is that Akins also has an irrational belief about the way he insists the towers came down.

If he can explain rationally how the towers came down as he claims he can (and he insists he's rational whereas the rest of us here who disagree with him are irrational BTW), he wouldn't be avoiding my question about how many floors in the WTC 1 and 2 were on fire before they collapsed—a question that relates directly to the causes of the towers' collapse.

So Akins, how many floors in WTC 1 and 2 were on fire shortly before they collapsed?

This should be an easy question for any rational person to answer, and especially someone who claims he knows how the towers fell down.
You could take the above cartoon and change the conversation to read:

"Jews were responsible for 9/11"

"Okay, prove it...."

"YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT THEY'RE NOT!!!!!"

And that would precisely typify the irrational mentality of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

Old November 2nd, 2012 #664
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
The point once again is not whether they all believe in mythical beings or even the same things. The point is that they have beliefs—certain tenets of their religion which they are expected to believe on faith alone.

The point is that pagans are religionists.

And believing in a religion, Akins insists, is irrational.

See his cartoon:

I'm not interested in what Akins believes. He runs his own religion and I know nothing about it. I'm interested in what I believe. I believe I have ancestors, I believe in the sun, earth, water, wind, fire and so on and I don't think my belief in them relies on faith, but on fact.

Old November 2nd, 2012 #665
Robin King
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
You could take the above cartoon and change the conversation to read:

"Jews were responsible for 9/11"

"Okay, prove it...."

"YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT THEY'RE NOT!!!!!"

And that would precisely typify the irrational mentality of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
OK, Akins, if you're so confident that the WTC collapses were due to fire, you should be able to tell us how many floors were on fire before they fell.

So how many floors were on fire before they fell, Akins?

This goes to the heart of the claims about WHO were responsible and whether we "conspiracy theorists" have an "irrational mentality".

And Bev, Akins calls you irrational:

^Cartoon of Akins outing himself as an irrational religionist.

Note: Not my cartoon, but Akins'. (According to him in that thread, that's his drawing, or he implies it). So if you're upset about being called irrational, Bev, take it up with him as well and not just with me, because according to him, believing in a religion is irrational behavior.

You're attacking religion again in your post above mine, Akins, and yet you've revealed yourself to be a religionist.

So which one is it, Akins—is religion good or not?

How many floors were on fire before the towers fell?

Care to tell us which thread that cartoon came from, Akins? I would like to see what else you wrote about religion and about those who believe in a religion.

Old November 2nd, 2012 #666
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:

And Bev, Akins calls you irrational:

^Cartoon of Akins outing himself as an irrational religionist.

Note: Not my cartoon, but Akins'. (According to him in that thread, that's his drawing, or he implies it anyway). So if you're upset about being called irrational, Bev, take it up with him as well and not just me, because according to him, believing in a religion is irrational behavior.

Life is too short for that unmerry-go-round.

I'd sooner get back to 9/11 and see him answer your question about how many floors were on fire.

Old November 3rd, 2012 #667
Robin King
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Life is too short for that unmerry-go-round.

I'd sooner get back to 9/11 and see him answer your question about how many floors were on fire.
I've taken the merry-go-round to the Happy Samhain thread. More revealed about Akins and his views on religion over there.

Thread