VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 8th, 2014 #681
Fico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
Point is, you said that FN "didn't like" the Germans because they're Xtians who have their roots in the Torah (and the French are, what exactly? Hindus? with roots in the Vedas?). He admired the French specifically because he thought them superior to his countrymen in philosophy, morals, poetry, literature, music, theater, etc. But as it appears as though you're not willing to concede much, if anything at all, I'm going to drop the subject. You win.
Point is that I bring conclusion of his thinking about Germans based on book "Anthicrist" who is one of the last book of his career and you based his thinking on books who wrote ago "Anthicrist".Did you ever read this book ("Anthicrist")? French are Christians,we all know this but he with condemnation Christianity going against all Christians what means that going against French people also and Germans in his opinion will be culprits If era of Christianity will not be death,he going so far that he bring "new era" on "Anthicrist" where worth "law against Christianity" so all who are Christians isn't according his "new era". For example FN spoke positive about antiquity achievements but it doesn't mean that he had positive opinion about their belives in gods.

Last edited by Fico; July 9th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

Old July 8th, 2014 #682
Jimmy Marr

Was Nietzsche a composer of music?

Old July 10th, 2014 #683
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
Was Nietzsche a composer of music?
Not that I know of, though he did try his hand at it. But I do know he was so impassioned by music that it drove him to the highest ectasies; he thought it the sublimest art man capable of.

Funny story about Nietzsche and music:

While being driven around town in a cab in Cologne, I believe it was, a city with which FN wasn't all that familiar, the driver, apparently misunderstanding his desire to be dropped off at a good restaurant, let him off instead at a whorehouse. (Keep in mind that FN was a virgin at this time, and may well have died one; I'm not sure.) Fritz waltzes in and notices the bimbos decked out in their sluttiest C'mere-big-boy! negligees, stops dead in his tracks, and then freaks the fuck out and makes a mad dash for a piano in the room, totally ignoring the hookers pawing at his body and his wallet. He proceeds to pound out a few chords (which apparently had the effect of soothing his shocked and frayed nerves) and then calmly turns around and walks out.

Man, I laughed my balls off at that one. Just picture poor Fritz:

"Vut...vut are you doing vit your hand on my vienna sausage, fraulein?!...Auch du lieber!" Zooooom!

Old July 10th, 2014 #684
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Not that I know of, though he did try his hand at it. But I do know he was so impassioned by music that it drove him to the highest ectasies; he thought it the sublimest art man capable of.

Funny story about Nietzsche and music:

While being driven around town in a cab in Cologne, I believe it was, a city with which FN wasn't all that familiar, the driver, apparently misunderstanding his desire to be dropped off at a good restaurant, let him off instead at a whorehouse. (Keep in mind that FN was a virgin at this time, and may well have died one; I'm not sure.) Fritz waltzes in and notices the bimbos decked out in their sluttiest C'mere-big-boy! negligees, stops dead in his tracks, and then freaks the fuck out and makes a mad dash for a piano in the room, totally ignoring the hookers pawing at his body and his wallet. He proceeds to pound out a few chords (which apparently had the effect of soothing his shocked and frayed nerves) and then calmly turns around and walks out.

Man, I laughed my balls off at that one. Just picture poor Fritz:

"Vut...vut are you doing vit your hand on my vienna sausage, fraulein?!...Auch du lieber!" Zooooom!
I'm reading Cate and have become suspicious at the titles of some of the works the young Neitzsche suggested as possible gifts from relatives at Christmas and other holidays. I'm pretty sure they were musical scores. I am also suspicious that some of his contributions to the Germania Club were not prose compositions, but musical compositions, and not merely lyrical ones.

Cate refers to them only by way of italicized titles only, so it's difficult to be sure.

Just checked. Here's something he apparently wrote in the early days (1863) at Pforta. There are others, and intend to check them out, but I've got to run just now:

Old July 10th, 2014 #685
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Finished Jules Verne's Paris in the Twentieth Century a couple days ago; and though not quite up to snuff with another classic dealing with a futuristic anti-literature society, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, it's well worth a read. I give it a 3-1/2 out of 4.

Started yesterday on the Harvard Classics edition of Plutarch's Lives, the late 17th century Dryden translation of; revised by Arthur Hugh Clough in 1864. (Can't wait to read Dryden's Life of Plutarch. Gotta get it!)

As opposed to Plutarch's Parallel Lives (another work I own by, IMO, the greatest ancient biographer-historian of them all), in which he deals exclusively with side-by-side comparisons between Greek statesmen, orators, soldiers and their Roman counterparts, this work is a combination of short bios of Themistocles, Pericles, and Aristides -- in which he contrasts these men with no one at all -- and direct comparisons between people such as Alcibiades and Coriolanus, Demosthenes and Cicero, and Caesar and Antony. And if you haven't read any variation of Lives at all, whatever the translation, you don't know what you're missing. Google the guy to see just what a tremendous influence he had on the thinkers of the both the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. Simply put, on the inspiration of admirers such as Milton and Shakespeare, Francis Bacon and Alexander Hamilton, Emerson and Browning, to name but a few, Plutarch was The Man.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; July 10th, 2014 at 12:35 PM.

Old July 11th, 2014 #686
Chad Wentworth

Right now, I'm grappling with these:

Rene Guenon - The reign of quantity and the sign of the times

Oswald Spengler - The decline of the West

Guenon, for all his mysticism, had a very sharp intellect. Clarified quality and quantity for me, the nature of time, space.

Spengler falls into the cultural conservative category. Right now, I'm conflicted about his idea of inevitable decline and Hitler's idealism. Is everything destined by Western culture's internal necessity to decline, or does it make sense to fight on? I'm more inclined to agree with the latter, every period opens new possibilities that need to be taken advantage of. If the West gives up the fight for survival, then it loses the right to exist. The man of action and success is a lot more valuable than the desk intellectual.

Last edited by Chad Wentworth; July 11th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Old July 12th, 2014 #687
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Wentworth View Post

Oswald Spengler - The decline of the West
I've had this one on my must-read list for years now, and it's high time I got off my lazy ass -- or on it, come to think of it -- and do it, read it; especially given the fact that this true classic is one serious wake-up call for those of our race who actually give a fuck about its rapidly declining predominance in the world (though it just may be too late to reverse that decline, as both Spengler and my man Revilo Oliver believed).

That said, I'm in total agreement with you, Chad. And to quote Mexican revolutionary Emil Zapata: It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Now if the former should in fact be the result of our actions, death at the hands of the jew and his goy groupies when the Big Day arrives, then so be it; posterity cannot fault us for not trying...can it? I only wish someone, or something, would finally put the Zippo to the fuse and set the wheels in motion; I'd like to be around for the fireworks before I turn octogenarian; while still able to squeeze a trigger and hit a target 500 yds. downfield without having to resort to using my trusty walker as a rest.

Old July 12th, 2014 #688
N.B. Forrest

The Iliad .

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old July 14th, 2014 #689
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
I've had this one on my must-read list for years now, and it's high time I got off my lazy ass -- or on it, come to think of it -- and do it, read it; especially given the fact that this true classic is one serious wake-up call for those of our race who actually give a fuck about its rapidly declining predominance in the world (though it just may be too late to reverse that decline, as both Spengler and my man Revilo Oliver believed).

That said, I'm in total agreement with you, Chad. And to quote Mexican revolutionary Emil Zapata: It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Now if the former should in fact be the result of our actions, death at the hands of the jew and his goy groupies when the Big Day arrives, then so be it; posterity cannot fault us for not trying...can it? I only wish someone, or something, would finally put the Zippo to the fuse and set the wheels in motion; I'd like to be around for the fireworks before I turn octogenarian; while still able to squeeze a trigger and hit a target 500 yds. downfield without having to resort to using my trusty walker as a rest.
We'll know it when we'll see it, if we'll see it. But a thing is certain: we're making inroads, like the ones water digs into rock.

Old July 14th, 2014 #690
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Yudaman, NB! You just can't beat the ancients for truly great tales of of derring-do (along with throat-slashing, head-bashing, the lopping off of limbs and heads; all that neat stuff), carried out by the most iconic warriors in all history. Ajax and Achilles; Hector and Menelaus; badasses all.

What translation are you reading, btw?

Old July 14th, 2014 #691
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Wentworth View Post
We'll know it when we'll see it, if we'll see it. But a thing is certain: we're making inroads, like the ones water digs into rock.
...or about as long as it takes to compress coal into diamonds, unfortunately.

Being in my late 50s, and judging by the snail's pace at which things are moving along (if it isn't a stretch to use the word "moving"), I give myself, oh, about a one in ten-thousand chance of being around for the Big Day; but we'll just have to wait -- and hope in the meantime -- to see.

Old July 14th, 2014 #692
N.B. Forrest

I've waded heroically through the rather "Bible Begats"-like listing of the captains of the various Greek isles & city-states, and their "hollow" ship contributions to the mission; now I'm looking forward to the classic gore.

Translated by Lang, Leaf & Meyers. A very handsome little gilt-edged volume it is, too: paid I think 2 bucks for it at Goodwill....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old July 14th, 2014 #693
N.B. Forrest

One great thing I've noticed is the descriptions of the players: "golden hair", "pale", "white arms" etc. No Kinky Question Marks to be seen.

Sorry, Afrocementrics.....

Old July 15th, 2014 #694
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
I've waded heroically through the rather "Bible Begats"-like listing of the captains of the various Greek isles & city-states, and their "hollow" ship contributions to the mission; now I'm looking forward to the classic gore.

Translated by Lang, Leaf & Meyers. A very handsome little gilt-edged volume it is, too: paid I think 2 bucks for it at Goodwill....
Trust me when I say that I won't be ruining it for you by relating an unintentionally funny passage in the book; you'll find it just as engrossing, and amusing, when you do get to it.

Achilles is just aching to face off against Hector, the Trojan hero (or Trojan scumbag, as the Greek demigod sees him) for the latter's slaying in battle of his comrade-in-arms, Patroclus. Hector, himself the greatest and most fearless of the Trojan warriors defending the city, is nevertheless scared shit of squaring off against Achilles. A goddess (whose name I can't recall), doing everything in her power to ensure a Greek, not a Trojan, victory, appears to Hector on the battlefield and tricks him; tells him not to worry, that she'll be watching over him and he'll end up the winner in the one-on-one contest with the Greek's #1 badboy. So Hector, taking the bullshitting bitch at her word, bows up and prepares to have it out with Achilles. But just as the two are about to go at it, he loses his nerve, hauls ass, and starts zig-zagging all over the battlefield with Achilles in hot pursuit. It's hilarious. (Picture: "Come back here, you Trojan pussy you!" "Fuck you, Jack! I'm outta here!") But Achilles finally does manage to get Hightailing-it Hector to man up and face his destiny; and you know who won, and who got their dead ass tied to the end of a chariot and dragged around the walls of Troy...

Old July 15th, 2014 #695
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
One great thing I've noticed is the descriptions of the players: "golden hair", "pale", "white arms" etc. No Kinky Question Marks to be seen.

Sorry, Afrocementrics.....
And it's not only the ancients who idealized ivory-white, pearl-like skin and golden blonde hair. Right up until the early 20th century, the greatest of French, Russian, British, and American novelists praised, were totally enamored with, not only women with these universally acknowledged traits of god/goddess-like beauty, but men as well. Naturally, once the jews in Hymiewood assumed control of the wheel, the concept of beauty began to slowly change: dark skin was in, Whites began to crave deep tans, and abhorred the "pasty-whiteness" of the "melanin-challenged" of their race.

See that woman in my av? I'll take a woman of that complexion any ol' time over some broad burning herself to a crisp while trying to attain that Beyonce look; the one the jewsmedia would have every White woman believe is today's ideal.

Old July 15th, 2014 #696
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
See that woman in my av? I'll take a woman of that complexion any ol' time over some broad burning herself to a crisp while trying to attain that Beyonce look; the one the jewsmedia would have every White woman believe is today's ideal.
DAMN right: the more rosy-cheeked, milk-White & blonde, the better for me (not that I don't luh me sum brunettes & redheads, too, um hum).

Anyone with eyes can see that the media kikes have done a gradual shift away from the REAL beauties to "exotic" caramel-colored, pouting mystery meats with brown, almond-shaped eyes & usually with niggery disproportions. For the women, they offer the New Stud of the same hue, with dark, wavy hair & blue-black jaws: basically idealized schnipdickz.

Blond men, on the other hand, are depicted either as weak whiteguy queefs, or Evil Anti-Semitic Nazi Bastids.....

Old July 23rd, 2014 #697
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Finished Plutarch's Lives (one of the many versions, anyway, covering the lives of various Greek and Roman heroes, warriors and statesmen alike) a few days back and -- need I say it? -- I give it a 4 out of possible 4 stars rating.

Read H.G. Wells' The Time Machine a couple days ago (my Barnes & Noble edition has that and The Invisible Man contained in a single volume) in one sitting. Then again, it's a novella, one which clocked in at just under 80 pages; so I don't mean to brag about how fast a reader I am, as do some of my more eggheadier neighbors; those brainiacs who impress the hell out of me by tearing through two, three Dean Koontz or Danielle Steel novels a week. *yawn*

Started the Great Goethe's tragedy Egmont last night. So far, so good.

p.s. Forgot: I give The Time Machine 3-1/2 stars. To date I've only read two of the man's novels (the other being The Island of Doctor Moreau) and both were well worth the time. I can't wait to get my mitts on War of the Worlds; I've got a gut feeling that's going to be "de bomb."

Old July 24th, 2014 #698
Alex Linder
Administrator

Been reading a bunch of James Ellroy. Guy was a massive druggie and criminal before he cleaned up around 30 and starting writing crime fiction about L.A. Associated with a number of decent movies including L.A. Confidential and The Black Dahlia. Pretty good stuff.

My computer broke so been working offline this week. Hope to be back to normal before too long.

Also read Psychology as Religion, by Paul Vitz. Written back in the '70s. Describes religion of selfism. Pretty useful counterpoint to all the modern self-esteem misteachings.

Also reading:

Why Civilizations Self-Destruct by Elmer Pendell

https://archive.org/stream/WhyCivili...ge/n9/mode/2up

He makes the good point, the underrated point, that the reason you had such a mass of geniuses in the early American period was that the genetic crap had been winnowed. The Puritans had been filtered seven times as they moved through Holland, across the ocean, to cold and stony Massachusetts. The crap people, weak in mind or character, simply died. Even average people had it extremely rough. There were no EBT cards for the original settlers.

Old July 24th, 2014 #699
Rob Schlacht

I recently read "The Turner Diaries" and then I made a podcast about the book and posted it at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/themigh...serker-bastion

I plan to read "Hunter" next.

Old July 24th, 2014 #700
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Also reading:

Why Civilizations Self-Destruct by Elmer Pendell

https://archive.org/stream/WhyCivili...ge/n9/mode/2up

He makes the good point, the underrated point, that the reason you had such a mass of geniuses in the early American period was that the genetic crap had been winnowed. The Puritans had been filtered seven times as they moved through Holland, across the ocean, to cold and stony Massachusetts. The crap people, weak in mind or character, simply died. Even average people had it extremely rough. There were no EBT cards for the original settlers.
Did Pendell apply this analysis only to the buckle-hatted sphincters? I ask because his first name is "Elmer", and Northern post-Civil War historians until relatively recently tended to ignore or downplay the Jamestown descendants.

Thread