VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 13th, 2013 #201
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
No way. Lord Akins?
The one and only, to quote the not late and not great Chesney Hawkes.

Old June 13th, 2013 #202
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
The one and only, to quote the not late and not great Chesney Hawkins.
I pity you, Bev.

You are about to engage in a vicious and protracted war. Whatever Gods you call your own, may they stand by you now, in the hour of your greatest need.

Old June 13th, 2013 #203
Martin Simard
Banned

Question

Quote:
The one and only, to quote the not late and not great Chesney Hawkes.
How did you know it was Akins?

Old June 13th, 2013 #204
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
I pity you, Bev.

You are about to engage in a vicious and protracted war. Whatever Gods you call your own, may they stand by you now, in the hour of your greatest need.
Why's that? For slagging off Chesney Hawkes or for getting his name wrong in the original post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simard View Post
How did you know it was Akins?

His magical program that changes his IP address doesn't work.

Old June 13th, 2013 #205
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
http://www.ziegenbock.com/Dark/ZiegenBock.aspx

Brewed in Houston, ZiegenBock is a beer of the South. Only available in Texas, this American-style amber lager, offers notes of roasted grains in the aroma and a sweet, smooth taste with a hop finish. The select imported hops and specialty malts create a taste worthy of a 2006 Great American Beer Festival Bronze Medal.

Twice a year, ZiegenBock hosts a music festival in Bryan-College Station and in Houston; to celebrate the history of the beer and the Texan love for good music. The event is produced and promoted by Mustang Music Group in Houston.
Quote:
Ziegenbock is an amber ale brewed by Anheuser-Busch. It is billed as "for Texans by Texans."

Ziegenbock is an imitation craft brew marketed under Anheuser-Busch's ICS (Import - Craft - Specialty) brand, positioned as a Texan beer to compete with Shiner Bock. Ziegenbock is brewed at Anheuser-Busch's Houston brewery and is very similar to Michelob Amber Bock, but it is sold exclusively in the Texas market. Like Shiner Bock and Amber Bock, it does not conform to the BJCP style guidelines for a Bock, either in terms of flavor profile or potency. A Traditional Bock typically has an ABV range of 6.3 - 7.2%, where Ziegenbock is 4% (Shiner Bock is 4.4%; Amber Bock slightly truer in this respect at 5.2%.) Also lacking is the complex richness of Munich and Vienna malts. Shiner Bock comes somewhat closer to the flavor profile of a Bock.
Meh - was better than anything else on tap at Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.

Old June 13th, 2013 #206
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Why's that?
I was referring to that intractable war you now have on your hands with The Badger of the Glen.

Old June 13th, 2013 #207
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
Meh - was better than anything else on tap at Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.
I've got a review of Shiner Bock in this thread... I think. Or maybe it's on BA.

S'ok.

Old June 13th, 2013 #208
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE View Post
So thinking a person being paid what he's worth is a "white nigger"? Basically, if it wasn't for unions everyone who actually has to work for a living would have lower wages, longer hours and dangerous work conditions. So I as a member of a union wanting these basic rights makes me a nigger, WHATEVER.
There is no such 'basic right'. You think you're worth more than your are, and that you're owed something by the rest of us. Yes, that makes you a white nigger. Keep your hand off my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE
Basically, if it wasn't for unions everyone who actually has to work for a living. . .
Ie, the non-union world. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE
would have lower wages, longer hours and dangerous work conditions.
. . .would have more jobs.

Spread your gospel of graft to the 'hard working' philosophers down by the river.

Old June 13th, 2013 #209
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Ziegenbock is an amber ale brewed by Anheuser-Busch. It is billed as "for Texans by Texans."

Ziegenbock is an imitation craft brew marketed under Anheuser-Busch's ICS (Import - Craft - Specialty) brand, positioned as a Texan beer to compete with Shiner Bock. Ziegenbock is brewed at Anheuser-Busch's Houston brewery and is very similar to Michelob Amber Bock, but it is sold exclusively in the Texas market. Like Shiner Bock and Amber Bock, it does not conform to the BJCP style guidelines for a Bock, either in terms of flavor profile or potency. A Traditional Bock typically has an ABV range of 6.3 - 7.2%, where Ziegenbock is 4% (Shiner Bock is 4.4%; Amber Bock slightly truer in this respect at 5.2%.) Also lacking is the complex richness of Munich and Vienna malts. Shiner Bock comes somewhat closer to the flavor profile of a Bock.
How in the world did A-B(I) not name it Luckenbock???

Do they have Euro-Brazilian queers mismanaging their marketing department now???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luckenbach,_Texas

Old June 13th, 2013 #210
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
How in the world did A-B(I) not name it Luckenbock???

Do they have Euro-Brazilian queers mismanaging their marketing department now???
You see the Budweiser Super Bowl ad with the guy and his Clydesdale?

To paraphrase a once not-unhot Garofalo: It's OK to love your horse. You just can't love your horse.

Old June 13th, 2013 #211
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
You see the Budweiser Super Bowl ad with the guy and his Clydesdale?

To paraphrase a once not-unhot Garofalo: It's OK to love your horse. You just can't love your horse.
Ah, I missed that one.

I agree on historical JG. And her philosophy of horse husbandry.

Old June 13th, 2013 #212
keifer

There were only two jew products left to in my life to rid. Between the Philedelphia Flyers and Sam Adams, the Flyers went to the curb.

Old June 13th, 2013 #213
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Ah, I missed that one.

Old June 14th, 2013 #214
GREG IN SPOKANE

[QUOTE=Leonard Rouse;1562208]There is no such 'basic right'. You think you're worth more than your are, and that you're owed something by the rest of us. Yes, that makes you a white nigger. Keep your hand off my wallet.

Um, I work in the private sector you idiot. None of my top scale wage comes out of your pocket. Im worth whatever my fellow workers and I at my company collectively bargain our contract with our employer for.

Old June 14th, 2013 #215
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG IN SPOKANE View Post
Quote:
There is no such 'basic right'. You think you're worth more than your are, and that you're owed something by the rest of us. Yes, that makes you a white nigger. Keep your hand off my wallet.
Um, I work in the private sector you idiot. None of my top scale wage comes out of your pocket. Im worth whatever my fellow workers and I at my company collectively bargain our contract with our employer for.
You're worth what the market price is for your services. If you have gotten above that, via hook or crook (the latter in the case of unions, which use the government to secure ill gotten loot, thereby raising the price of goods and decreasing the number of jobs in the economy, screwing the public coming and going), then you should say 'thank you,' if anything, and leave it at that.

Instead, your go-to bleat is that there is a conspiracy among craft breweries to harm crap (ie, unionized) mega-breweries that is motivated by hatred for 'hard working' union members. Supposedly, they accomplish this tremendous, uneconomic feat by hoodwinking hapless employees into working (and living) for some fraction of the union wage, who profitably produce a more expensive product that is sold-out with 1/10 the market penetration and 1/100 the pricing power. Oh, and according to you, craft beer sucks, so they're conning the beer drinking public, who are abandoning major brewery brands in droves to pay more for this inferior product, which they actively seek and purchase repeatedly.

This is a crazy cult religious mentality. It is white nigger 'thought'.

No business can remain competitive with the artificial burdens government facilitates (and, in some cases, imposes) on private enterprise for unions. It's why the industrial bakery business (unionized) in this country is a mess. That's what a brewery is, essentially: a liquid bakery. Same cost structure. Same low margins and cutthroat competition. Unions artificially raise the price of labor and then produce a crap product. The product sucks so badly that craft breweries, collectively, can imperil union jobs by successfully selling a more expensive product with higher (non-wage) input and distribution costs and lower advertising budgets. They can do this even while absorbing upward trending input prices--which they already pay relatively more for with their dearth of purchasing power--because they lack the union wage and pension burden.

Union shops tend over time to please their unions rather than their customers. They cut their product quality to the bone in order to squeeze profit increases while satisfying union demands. The result is inedible bakery products that taste like gasoline (Hostess, et al) and undrinkable beer that tastes like watered-down gasoline (Budweiser, et al). One could say the same of anything Kraft produces, for another example of a unionized, overpriced crap food producer.

When micro-companies with no major backing and a more expensive product begin cutting into a major, established company's bottom line, it isn't them. It's you.

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; June 14th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Old June 15th, 2013 #216
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Is the really cool can aerodynamic? I think that's what the Colonel really wanted to know.
I've been pretty busy lately. Of who's ilk is he this week?

Old June 21st, 2013 #217
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
You're worth what the market price is for your services. If you have gotten above that, via hook or crook (the latter in the case of unions, which use the government to secure ill gotten loot, thereby raising the price of goods and decreasing the number of jobs in the economy, screwing the public coming and going), then you should say 'thank you,' if anything, and leave it at that.

Instead, your go-to bleat is that there is a conspiracy among craft breweries to harm crap (ie, unionized) mega-breweries that is motivated by hatred for 'hard working' union members. Supposedly, they accomplish this tremendous, uneconomic feat by hoodwinking hapless employees into working (and living) for some fraction of the union wage, who profitably produce a more expensive product that is sold-out with 1/10 the market penetration and 1/100 the pricing power. Oh, and according to you, craft beer sucks, so they're conning the beer drinking public, who are abandoning major brewery brands in droves to pay more for this inferior product, which they actively seek and purchase repeatedly.

This is a crazy cult religious mentality. It is white nigger 'thought'.

No business can remain competitive with the artificial burdens government facilitates (and, in some cases, imposes) on private enterprise for unions. It's why the industrial bakery business (unionized) in this country is a mess. That's what a brewery is, essentially: a liquid bakery. Same cost structure. Same low margins and cutthroat competition. Unions artificially raise the price of labor and then produce a crap product. The product sucks so badly that craft breweries, collectively, can imperil union jobs by successfully selling a more expensive product with higher (non-wage) input and distribution costs and lower advertising budgets. They can do this even while absorbing upward trending input prices--which they already pay relatively more for with their dearth of purchasing power--because they lack the union wage and pension burden.

Union shops tend over time to please their unions rather than their customers. They cut their product quality to the bone in order to squeeze profit increases while satisfying union demands. The result is inedible bakery products that taste like gasoline (Hostess, et al) and undrinkable beer that tastes like watered-down gasoline (Budweiser, et al). One could say the same of anything Kraft produces, for another example of a unionized, overpriced crap food producer.

When micro-companies with no major backing and a more expensive product begin cutting into a major, established company's bottom line, it isn't them. It's you.
What he said.

Old June 21st, 2013 #218
GREG IN SPOKANE

Having actually worked at one of these fly by night shit breweries (sierra nevada in chico, ca, also owned by a jew, Ken Grossman) I can assure you that your idea that these "small" breweries produce a better product than their unionized competitors is seriously flawed.They paid shit wages, managed heavy handedly and had some of the most unsanitary working conditions i ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Old June 21st, 2013 #219
Bardamu
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm a real fan of Mendocino Brewing. Red Tail Ale, for semi-mass produced brew it suits my taste to a t.

Old June 24th, 2013 #220
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardamu View Post
I'm a real fan of Mendocino Brewing. Red Tail Ale, for semi-mass produced brew it suits my taste to a t.
I like their Peregrine Pilsner . Very floral nose.

Tags
beer, small breweries

Thread